The most beautiful spot you've ever camped?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Castranova

Can you list the most beautiful camping ground, the most clean and easy as well that you have ever been to?
So far, as has been in Colorado in Red Feather Lakes!
Karen  :D

How about this?  This is Lake Okitibbee, just outside of Meridian Mississippi.  We stopped there overnight on the way to Tennessee for a family reunion.  I believe the name of the place is Twitley Branch, either a State Park, or COE maybe.  I know they honored my National Park Pass and it was only $8.00 for Water/Electricity.  And a beautiful sunset.

Attachments

• Okitibbee (Large).JPG
    Okitibbee (Large).JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 161
Topsail Hill Preserve State Park, Santa Rosa Beach Fl. Great Beach. Very clean park. Nice landscaping.  Another favorite is Stone Mt. State park,  Roaring Gap NC.    Arrow Head Park Macon Ga. 

Salt Fork State Park in Ohio last weekend. Glorious trees, perfect fall weather.  Probably not as much fun in 100 degree heat, but we unknowingly picked a great time to try the place.

We were in the very last campground (G) and in the last batch of campsites on the loop facing the road to the beach/dock. It is actually a fairly close-together campground, but the way the sites are situated, it is spacious. Very clean and well maintained. 

We have no little ones around anymore, so it was a treat to see all the families walking together, biking together etc. A lot of Halloween decorations were up that were fun to see at night.

Tents, MH's, TT's boats, bikes - many were older, but not junky, and it was neat to just drive through all the campsites and see the differences in the models. That will probably be our last outing this year and it was a great way to cap off the season.

A little note from the resident curmudgeon .... Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

I love a great lakeside view. DW loves parking at the edge of a white beach overlooking 1000 miles of ocean.  Guess where we stay and park mostly..  She is the Admiral, durn it....

We have stayed in hundreds of campgrounds over the years.  Good ones and bad ones; all of them served a purpose.... a good nights sleep usually does the trick. It's hard to see much beauty when you are sleeping. Only looking for eye candy spots can be very expensive. Enjoy the good, bad and ugly...all are part of the RV'ing experience. Makes one remember the trips a little better.

This is not advise..just thinking out loud.

The prettiest place is my back yard, 3+ acres with half in old live oaks. A creek for boating winds thru 150 yr old cypress to a great fishing lake 5 miles across. Sometimes I wonder why I ever leave. Bon-fires with no complaints, dog runs free, TV and football as loud as I want and all the friends I can stand.

I like all suggestions and especially to enjoy, "the good, the bad and the ugly." One of my fave movies as well! Keep 'em coming, I'm putting some of these spots on my list!  :p

It is hard to choose. We live in a country with many beautiful spots. Two of my favorites are our volunteer camping spots in the Columbia River Gorge, near Cascade Locks, Oregon, and in Port Townsend, Washington.

I found a gem
West Memphis Ar
Tom Sawyer RV park.
Your right on the Mississippi River, really right on the river. (see pictures below)
You see all these great tugs and barges going by.
I love the view of the park. Sun coming up over the river is great.
They will let you wash your vehicle, also has free laundry mat.
People there are really great.

Hope it's okay for pictures..

Attachments

• 0924121821.jpg
    0924121821.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 117
  • WM4.jpg
    WM4.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 105
  • downsized_0924121122.jpg
    downsized_0924121122.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 108
  • WM5.jpg
    WM5.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Condo.jpg
    Condo.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 0917121344a.jpg
    0917121344a.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 92
We have seen some great spots but our favorite is still Shelter Cove on the northern California coast. The road in is not for the faint of heart with larger rigs but the view is worth it.

[quote author=RoyM]We have seen some great spots but our favorite is still Shelter Cove on the northern California coast.[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion Roy; My interest was piqued, so I looked them up here.

Boy, how can we pick just one? Let me list the ones that I remember.  We pulled into Byers Providential Park south of Denali and turned and saw "The Mountain".  That will always be set in my mind. The second best came by accident. We had spent the day at Louisbroug, Nova Scotia and had driven up to a Providential Park. (I don't remember the name). It was after dark and the roads were narrow getting into the camp ground. The staff ask if we would mind camping in the parking lot that night. When we woke the next morning we were on a hill looking down across a beautiful meadow, a small river and a forrest with a beautiful small white church with a white steeple. Post card picture which I would have to search for. Still stays in my mind.

Frank

California State Parks on the coast pop into mind. They're not quiet but the sunsets are spectacular.

Wendy

This summer we REALLY enjoyed Klamath River RV Park in Klamath, CA.  http://www.klamathriverrv.com/

The first photo was from the campground, the second at the Klamath River estuary about 2 miles down the road.  Somewhere I have a shot of the view out the front windsheild to the river, but I couldn't find it from work. 

Jeff

Attachments

• klamoth river.jpg
    klamoth river.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 68
  • klamoth estuary.jpg
    klamoth estuary.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 66
Bonito Hollow RV Park  Ruidoso, NM.  First place I ever went with an RV late 80's or so.  Sadly, a forest fire swept through the area this past spring.  The park was (mostly) spared, but the surround forest is charred.  The owners lost their home and all the possessions too.  They plan to reopen next spring, and I will go back.  Too many good memories not to.

Here is a shot out the front door at Calf Creek Recreation Area (BLM) Escalante, Utah.

Attachments

• Front door_ pana.jpg
    Front door_ pana.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 119
One of our favorites...

http://www.custersgulch.com/

Very green, lots of trees and wildlife.  Just don't go when Sturgis is happening...

http://wyoparks.state.wy.us/pdf/MedicineLodge.pdf

This is a neat little sight that the wife and I camped at once, back when it was free to do so in the 90's.

We were young and just tenting at the time.

At that time you could hike back to a couple of Beaver Ponds and if you sat still you could watch the Trout start to move again, until they caught sight of you moving up above them again.

Oly

Back
Top Bottom