The Nathans are Back!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really like old times - except we're all ten years older!  Bob, I loved your message and I congratulate you on your choice of new bride Estelle - and how like Bev to have paved the way for you.  We hope you and Estelle will have a long life together, enjoying your 'new' motorhome (which I have to add is 11 feet longer than mine).  Ned, of course we'll see you in Texas, who else can resolve my stupid internet problems, and of course Tom, we have to return to the Bay area, I'm determined to have another go at those fish you didn't let me catch last time.  By the way, my youngest son has moved house, and now lives in Bethseda, Bangor, North Wales!!!!  He phoned me yesterday and sounded sheepish!

Count the days.

Terry

Terry, I looked long and hard at several restored and upgraded 1972-76 GMC Motorhomes. They held the World RV Land Speed Record until Hymer entered the market. I also spent time and almost purchased a 2004 Winnebago Rialta. It was built on the Eurovan chassis.

My son Jeff house managed while we drove the Suncruiser home and returned to Tucson just this week.  He's scheduled for altar boy duty this Christmas Eve. :) I'm glad to hear you've a child closer to one of your homes --even, if like us, you leave them in the dust of your motorhome!

Terry, let us know when you expect to be down our way and we'll put the reservation on the calendar.  Full hookups for our friends.

Hi Terry and Liliane!

It's great to hear some of your decisions have been made.  Congrats on the new motorhome.  Now you can actually make some plans!  Looking forward to your next trip....

'Til we meet again,
Ardra and Jerry

This is the Nathan's ordered coach, see Layout 598: http://hymer.com/cms/en/motorhomes/Integrated/Hymermobil-B-Class/grundrisse-techn.-daten.html

The USA has much to learn.  I wonder how many the Chinese own. . .

Terry

It isn't a Prevost but it means that you can keep driving and that we'll hopefully see you again next year. Can't wait.

[quote author=terry nathan]....my youngest son ... now lives in Bethseda, Bangor, North Wales!!!!  He phoned me yesterday and sounded sheepish![/quote]

LOL Terry. If he can't sleep at night, he just has to look out the window and start counting  ;D

Great news. Looked at the 598 press photos....impressive for a class B+!

Terry
Very nice!  I have seen an occasional Hymer on the road here in the US, and some right here in Yellowstone. 

As to us catching up on design, there is a B out there with very similar layout, I think the Rio?  The step up twins, the poly c windows etc.  Very euro inspired, lots of weight saving concepts.

On a very wet and windy day in UK - the remnants of the last hurriane which hit the US east coast has now crossed the Atlantic and is battering us - particularly North Wales Tom, the sheep are having a hard time keeping their hair on!  Great comments from our friends on the Forum, thank you for all of them.  Russ, Jeff and Sue, we'd have a problem visiting you at our former home in Happy Trails as from memory the minimum size RV allowed is 27 feet, which leaves us about four feet short (unless you can get special dispensation) - and I trust your livers have recovered from the battering they took in the winter of 2007/8!  I've had a week off the stuff (just to make sure I still can) so my liver thinks I've died and gone to hell!  Normal service will be resumed this evening!  Russ, reading other comments on the Forum, we hope you have a safe trip back home to Happy Trails.

Bob, back there in Tucson our favourite US city, the news about Hymer having the RV Land Speed Record is news to me - can you tell me more?  Oh, Bernie and Marlene, we want to go fishing at Prince Rupert again, but for salmon next time instead of the halibut - and my back still hurts after you made me wind in all four lobster pots!  Bill and Jolene - where do you winter now?

Liliane and I spent February and March touring Morocco in our (now former) motorhome.  The story was featured in the August and September issues of the UK magazine 'Motorhome Monthly', on line at www.motorhomemonthlymagazine.com, including some great pictures, and then in July we spent two weeks in the USA, driving rented Cadillacs ( gorgeous) as we visited Yellowstone NP (seeing Jim and Pat of course), Moab, Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion, finishing up with Jerry and Adrda in LV, staying in a real fancy hotel - but missing the RV lifestyle America-style, though hopefully not for long.

Terry

Edit: Modify link.

Terry

It looks like you'll have a full plate (and glass ;) ) by the time you get back to the US. If you can't get into HT there are always Sunflower and Cotton Lane near us, only about 10 miles (CL) from HT. Would love to go salmon fishing with you but only if Liliane cooks the catch again.

Great articles, Terry.  You may have a new career as a travel author :)

Terry, here's the story about the original land speed holder: http://gmccoop.com/land_speed_record.htm

GMC homepage: http://www.gmcmotorhome.com/

This is the history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMC_motorhome  --40 years of it development, to those on the road today.

and the successor, Hymer: http://hymer.com/cms/en/company/Press_reports/ProdukteAnzeigen.html&storyid=699&autocontentid=48

I was very close to buying a 1978 Kingsley, my target vehicle with all the upgrades over the production years. For the same $16k, I found my 34' Cummins Turbo Diesel. I'm adding the exhaust brake and HWH levelers. I've a lot more storage in my Itasca Suncruiser and get 11+ mpg.

It is my son Jeff who has lived in Tucson after hurricane Andrew destroyed all his possessions in south Florida. I love it there too.

Terry,

It is after midnight and we are awaiting your friends Dougie and Mags tomorrow. I started reading your article on the Moroccan adventure and couldn't stop reading. Thanks for interrupting my sleep schedule!!! ;D ;D ;D Great article and great writing!!!!

We sure are happy to see you back on the forum. Please do not disappear again!!!

Wow, many thanks for the news Bob - I have to write an article for the motorhome mag this week about the Dusseldorf Show we visited, and I was looking for a bit of interesting background - which you've kindly provided.  I'll let you know the reference when it's published.

Jim - our stay in the States in July reminded Liliane and I how much we love being over there, and how lucky we are to have found so many great friends.  Counting the days my friend.  Say hi to Dougie and Mags please.

Terry

Back
Top Bottom