The new look and features

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom,

Loved the squirrels and the Strawberry ice Cream Cone pic.

Every pic on that link looks like it is from the Highlight reel of your life for sure!

Memories...and making good ones is what life is all about.

It is too early in the day to be thinking about buying a Sonic Blast, Butterfinger, Ice Cream cup, but I am doing just that!!

JD

I think there is a 4 line limit to signatures. I just tried adding a link to mine and got a message that my sig was 2 lines too long, removed 2 lines and the sig link works.
Maybe yours was imported as just text?
I have 6 lines in mine.

So did I, till I went to add a link in my sig. Then I was taken back to 4 lines. So, if you want to test that, try removing a line at the end, and saving.

Personally I liked the old forum much better. There are features I used on a regular basis that apparently were deemed unnecessary or perhaps too costly to maintain. Not sure if our sister forum will begin using this new format but that's where I'll be spending more time. If they do, I'll just be using Google more for my RV related searches.
Just curious what features existed in the old forum software that don't exist here. Some features are named differently or accessed differently. I haven't found too many features that don't exist, or at least don't yet exist here. We have some features here we didn't have in the old software. It's certainly a learning curve for us all. I'm not aware of anything that's "too costly to maintain".

Personally I liked the old forum much better. There are features I used on a regular basis that apparently were deemed unnecessary or perhaps too costly to maintain. Not sure if our sister forum will begin using this new format but that's where I'll be spending more time. If they do, I'll just be using Google more for my RV related searches.
Gary if you let us know specifically what you are missing, there may be ways to do it... I am finding things daily that I didn't realise were possible.

Gary if you let us know specifically what you are missing, there may be ways to do it... I am finding things daily that I didn't realise were possible.
The one I liked that seems to be missing is the "previous thread/next thread" buttons at the bottom of the thread. I'm working around it, but I used to like reading each forum separately.

Tom,

Loved the squirrels and the Strawberry ice Cream Cone pic.

Every pic on that link looks like it is from the Highlight reel of your life for sure!

Memories...and making good ones is what life is all about.

It is too early in the day to be thinking about buying a Sonic Blast, Butterfinger, Ice Cream cup, but I am doing just that!!

JD
Thanks JD - Most people assume I was feeding the squirrels but I wasn't feeding them, two oriental teens were feeding it. I pushed them aside and took the photo. If I would have used a wider lens they would both be in the shot.

The one I liked that seems to be missing is the "previous thread/next thread" buttons at the bottom of the thread. I'm working around it, but I used to like reading each forum separately.
Well I'll be darned. After 15 years of using our old forum software, I didn't recall the "previous thread/next thread" buttons. We didn't have threads per se in the old forum, but I took a look at it, and there are <Previous Next> links! They're pretty small :geek:

Well I'll be darned. After 15 years of using our old forum software, I didn't recall the "previous thread/next thread" buttons. We didn't have threads per se in the old forum, but I took a look at it, and there are <Previous Next> links! They're pretty small :geek:
@Tom , I can't see those using my tablet except for posts with multiple pages unlessI'm missing something. Can you screenshot them please?

@Tom , I can't see those using my tablet except for posts with multiple pages unlessI'm missing something. Can you screenshot them please?
Jackie, we're talking about SMF (the old forum software). Wally was saying they don't exist here in XF.

I did.. hence my question 😁 I'm not the brightest. I thought you meant they existed here. 🙈
Let's try again:

Gary if you let us know specifically what you are missing, there may be ways to do it...
Wally: The one I liked that seems to be missing is the "previous thread/next thread" buttons at the bottom of the thread.

Tom: Ah so the previous and next were on old site? I thought they were here and I couldn't see them.

Guess it's no big deal since it seems noone but me used the feature. :cool:
I'm getting used to using the "new posts" list anyway. I am glad to see the red bars gone, though, thanks for that.

I have two desires, both of which are possible (I guess) but not optimal.: A simple "responses to my posts" and a count of the posts in a thread (I understand this lack, but it still is aggrevating ).

Ernie

I have two desires, both of which are possible (I guess) but not optimal.: A simple "responses to my posts" and a count of the posts in a thread (I understand this lack, but it still is aggrevating ).

Ernie
Ernie,

If you have the appropriate alerts set up in your profile, you'll see a number adjacent to the 'bell' alerts icon to the right of your name above. Click the bell, and it shows the replies to you.

Click on a forum to see a list of threads. Alongside each thread is the number of replies.

Click on the attached screenshots to view the full images.

Attachments

• SS-alerts.jpg
    SS-alerts.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 3
  • SS-Replies.jpg
    SS-Replies.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members