The Unofficial Motorcycle Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thought I might post my ride on the Tail of the Dragon (318 curves in 11 miles) on my way home from Daytona in October 2018. If you’ve not done it I highly recommend it.(I rode like the old fart that I am. At 10:50 a mini van passes me 😂)
We did that drive in a Nissan Altima. Our GPS directed us to go that way. We got all the way to the dam and the road was closed. Had to turn around and go back.

Post a photo of your motorcycles. I will start with two of my ten, my 2016 MG Stelvio and my 2017 Zero SR with power tank.

I have 8 others to post sometime later.

-Don- Reno, NV

I don't have one but it's a fun vidio.

Edd, I bought a 1976 KZ900. It was my first brand new bike purchase. Loved it. Put a Kerker header on it and a Cibie halogen headlight. Tore up the streets in my little town.

My last bike. Gave this one to my grandson right after my wife flipped her trike. She was done riding and I would not take off and leave her sit at home.

Attachments

• cl1.jpg
    cl1.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 7
Edd, I bought a 1976 KZ900. It was my first brand new bike purchase. Loved it. Put a Kerker header on it and a Cibie halogen headlight. Tore up the streets in my little town.
personal bikes were 1964 Norton Commando in the service, 74 Electra Glide, 1982 Wing 1000, 86 Wing SEI 1200, 1992 SE Wing 1500, 2000 Wing 1800 and last was 1992 trike.

Loved the KZ all that fun and paid for it too. The 76 was the days of the 660 Triumph Trident hard to locate the old pics quickly.

Attachments

• Summer-1992 MC-996.jpg
    Summer-1992 MC-996.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Edd's Early Years (3).jpg
    Edd's Early Years (3).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN2508.JPG
    DSCN2508.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Looks like your 74 had the pogo seat. Those were kinda fun, flexing your knees when you hit a bump.
My last Harley was an '82 Shovelhead FLT Tourglide. I added the police solo seat with the air bag setup off a newer police bike. Loved that seat. Could do 5-600 miles a day without butt fatigue.

No thanks. I puckered just watching the video!!
I don't have one but it's a fun vidio.

These are my three favorite bikes. I learned how to ride on the 250. The V65 was an 1100 that went 0 to 110 in about 5 seconds, I had it for eight years, I'm surprised I lived (my wife loved it). I bought the KLR650 which is my current bike because the V65 was just too fast. Going 145 is crazy.

A couple comments on my favorite bikes.

I burnt my leg so many times on the 250 but it tought me how to fly, drop a bike and ride two up.

The V65, don't get on one unless you're an accomplished rider. A bike that pulls the front tire up at 65 needs respect.

I have a gen one. The KLR650 was used by the US Marines for 20 years, dropped for emissions, recently introduced gen four.

The turbos were a trip when the needle got in the boost zone. My experience was on a friends Yamaha 650. Cool but I thought maybe a tick dangerous on the twisties. Much like a 2 stroke when it “gets on the pipe”.

My bikes;
‘64 Honda Mini Trail 50 (still have it)
late 60s Honda 450 twin
’79 Kawasaki KZ750 twin
’77 Kawasaki KZ1000 (I built it from 2 wrecks & a frame)
late 80s Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 (my feet vibrated off the floorboards)
’95 HD Heritage Softail
2000 HD Road King (fuel injected so I could ride the Rockies)
’03 HD Electraglide Classic (100th anniversary - traded w/94k miles)
’16 HD Ultra Limited (wife has ‘16 Ultra Limited Low)

I think we will trade for a trike in a year or 2.

Looks like your 74 had the pogo seat. Those were kinda fun, flexing your knees when you hit a bump.
I liked it but wife hated the bar across her butt so we went Gold Wing for the next years. Three of us motor officers vacationed together, two county sgts and a city sgt. We rode hard just like work and get stopped a few times. City officers plate read 10-7 (out of service) and we would be asked you cops? Yep they are county and I'm city .......................... get the F out of here.

A couple comments on my favorite bikes.

I burnt my leg so many times on the 250 but it tought me how to fly, drop a bike and ride two up.

The V65, don't get on one unless you're an accomplished rider. A bike that pulls the front tire up at 65 needs respect.

I have a gen one. The KLR650 was used by the US Marines for 20 years, dropped for emissions, recently introduced gen four.
326 H
No thanks. I puckered just watching the video!!
326 HP is nuts.

One of my favorites, you can hear him as he plays with them. My KZ was good for 108on radar to fasts for me the original Ghostrider, think they finally ID's him a a rider from a Swedish stunt riding team.
Hayabusa
Uppsala Run
Last one

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom