The Unofficial Motorcycle Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Ghost Rider’s grand finale is coming. He just hasn’t recorded it yet. I don’t think he will ever be an old rider.

Biketoberfest is in full swing in Daytona. Here’s a Main Street cam. Some interesting stuff goes by from time to time.

The Ghost Rider’s grand finale is coming. He just hasn’t recorded it yet. I don’t think he will ever be an old rider.
I'll watch for it, I loved his prior but he was too fast for me. Part of being a motor cop or patrol was to know when to quit a chase because it was getting too dangerous. My KZ1000p had a top speed of 108 on radar on a high speed coarse, we could not call it a pursuit coarse to be politically correct.

Thought I might post my ride on the Tail of the Dragon (318 curves in 11 miles) on my way home from Daytona in October 2018. If you’ve not done it I highly recommend it.(I rode like the old fart that I am. At 10:50 a mini van passes me 😂)
Not everyone makes it through unscathed - Expensive little trip.

Ferrari Eats It on ToD

I suppose it is true that just cuz you can afford it, don't mean you know how to drive it - LOL...

I did ToD a few years ago in my 77 MG Roadster. I didn't post before, this being a motorcycle thread. If anyone is interested to watch my run I averaged about 45mph. I didn't exceed 50 on the straights. I was will to take a ticket but didn't want one big enough to get my car towed.

The best memory is about 1 1/2 minutes in. Barney snags a Beemer that passed me approaching the start - probably didn't want to be "slowed down" by that old sports car. Typical dumb guy passed me at like 100 in a 50 zone. Nice to have a rabbit clear out the Barney before I started - LOL...

MGB on Tail of the Dragon

Do you spend time in Ohio Cali or am I confused? If you do you need to check out the triple nickel if you haven’t already.

Do you spend time in Ohio Cali or am I confused? If you do you need to check out the triple nickel if you haven’t already.
Finished my career in Southern Ohio this year and moved to Florida. Originally from California...

I did the triple 5 and a ton of other cross country drives while there.

What I really want to do is a get an unlimited track days license. As I get older (maybe wiser) I'd like to drive really, really fast (as usual) but do it on a track where it belongs.

25 bikes, from a '64 Benly touring 150, and a '64 Norton Atlas to SOHC CB750s, a 69 cb350 w 1100 miles on the clock, to CB900 customs, the first 3 bikes to break the 12 sec 1/4 mile. The XS1100, the CBX 6 cyl , and GS1000, Kawi H2, KZs, a 73 Bonny, and my youngest an '87 Goldie

Attachments

• 20180715_204902.jpg
    20180715_204902.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20180514_181329 (1).jpg
    20180514_181329 (1).jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20180905_195058.jpg
    20180905_195058.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20181002_221422.jpg
    20181002_221422.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20180903_161955.jpg
    20180903_161955.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 82 CBX R side.jpg
    82 CBX R side.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 2
Think the most fun was running Hwy 821 in WA as a final for the police MC class, about 20 from various agencies plus instructors. We rode this at speed in formation, side by side with my partner, what a blast ....821

Mine's for sale,so the pics are on Craigslist. Just don't seem to find the time to ride any more and could use the garage space.
Bought it new in 04 after wrecking my 02.rode hard for 10 more years, and have been a lot of places on the west coast.
Focusing more now on the RV.
Sort of looking for a 70s era rice burner, maybe even an early Goldwing just for day rides.

Sold the Goldwing last weekend. It took two months to sell, and I got about 800 less than I was asking

Sell a motorcycle? That's something I have never done. And by the formula of how many we should have, "N+1", where "N" represents the number of motorcycles we currently own, I am one short by only owning ten.

I am on an electric motorcycle ride right now. Such a perfect day for it. I am on my way to Lake Lahontan, stopping here to charge up my Energica Esse Esse 9.

-Don- Silver Springs, NV

Even after all that heavy rain we got for a few days, Lake Lahontan was as dry as I have ever seen. What I don't understand is much of the desert is flooded in that area but the lake is dry. Use the "+" in the map link above in my Spot Satellite message to scale in and you will see I sent that about a quarter mile inside the lake. I could have walked even much farther in.

But it was a great motorcycle ride yesterday, perfect weather and all. I went past there, to Fallon, NV, 173 miles round trip on my Energica Esse Esse9 electric motorcycle.

That link is to Plugshare, which shows charge stations. That is my Energica in the photo at Silver Springs in the link.

And here is an attached photo taken of what is left of Lake Lahontan, at the boat ramp.

-Don- Reno, NVLL2.JPG

Its like this all over the SW desert, I live at Elephant Butte lake , now a big puddle. The lake is actually a reservoir on the Rio Grande river, currently the lakes at 5.8% of capacity. Sold the boat as there was not enough water for a 28ft cabin boat. EB lake

Its like this all over the SW desert, I live at Elephant Butte lake , now a big puddle.
Yeah, but we recently got a very large storm with some record rainfall. And much of the desert within a mile of Lake Lahontan was flooded, except right near the lake area!

"Reno also saw the fourth highest one day total since 1900, with 1.88 inches."

" It really started raining in Reno early Sunday and didn’t stop until Monday afternoon."

And it was hard rain here and the fact that the desert near the lake was flooded but the lake itself was still as dry as ever really surprised me.

Another place I checked was the pond at Davis Creek Park. It went from near empty to a good 75% full in the same time. I was expecting to be able to notice at least some difference at Lake Lahontan, but it was as dry as I have ever seen it.

-Don- Reno, NV

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom