The Onan 7000 genset I have is now back to just making like a humming sound when I press the start button any suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it is the QD 7000 then check the rear lower edge of the generator enclosure,, there you will find the main input 12V +stud and the negative to frame stud.. These connections have to be very clean and tight and a hot set of chassis batteries for the generator to start properly..>>>Dan

If all it does is hum, maybe you should teach it the words.
I’ll show myself out now. Someone with more knowledge will be along shortly. In the meanwhile, maybe you could elaborate...you say “back to”... did it do this before, resolve, and begin again? Has it ever worked to your satisfaction? How many hours on it since last serviced? Things like that.
Welcome aboard!

If all it does is hum, maybe you should teach it the words.
I’ll show myself out now. Someone with more knowledge will be along shortly. In the meanwhile, maybe you could elaborate...you say “back to”... did it do this before, resolve, and begin again? Has it ever worked to your satisfaction? How many hours on it since last serviced? Things like that.
Welcome aboard!
I have changed the starter the board the ignition relay the starter relay and the small oem on top near the ignition switch. The it wouldn’t do nothing. Someone said wasnt enough power to ingage it. I been hooking it up to car running with jumper cables

Explain what you’re trying to say little better please .
Are you saying that if you jump the solenoid wires with a screwdriver it will turn the engine over?
Yes it will jump .... it’s between that button and the starter that I was started replacing everything between them but I know nothing about it and I’m 150 in already

Clean all your battery connections. Sounds like you're not getting enough current to turn the starter over, especially the connection from the solenoid to the starter motor.
Ok I’ll do that. Whsts that long skinny tube above the starter with a bolt thru it do? Shoukd I replace it?
Does it sound like the starter is spinning but not engaging the flywheel?
No

Back
Top Bottom