The philadelphia orchestra has another free MP3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhmahoney

The philadelphia orchestra  has another free MP3 download. This time it is the 10.5 minute Berlioz - Overture to Benvenuto Cellini, Op. 23
"This colorful work was recorded on Opening Night 2003, Christoph Eschenbach's first concert as Music Director of The Philadelphia Orchestra, in the Orchestra's home, Verizon Hall at The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts."

The email newsletter states they have 30 new recordings available for purchase.

http://www.thephiladelphiaorchestra.com/

rhmahoney said:
The philadelphia orchestra? has another free MP3 download. This time it is the 10.5 minute Berlioz - Overture to Benvenuto Cellini, Op. 23
"This colorful work was recorded on Opening Night 2003, Christoph Eschenbach's first concert as Music Director of The Philadelphia Orchestra, in the Orchestra's home, Verizon Hall at The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts."

The email newsletter states they have 30 new recordings available for purchase.

http://www.thephiladelphiaorchestra.com/

Thanks, Russ. Am listening to the download via my iPod and headset as I write.  At 256kbps, the sound explores very well all the remaining frequencies my ears can still pick up. It's good that you have prompted me to finally register with the Philadelphia Orchestra site. So far, I have about 600 tracks on the POD, plus about 50 videos and several audio books all from free downloads and borrowed CD's. Am going to have to buy a download one of these days just to see what it's like. :)

Russ,

I'm cracking up.  Overture to Benvenuto Cellini.  Did you know there is an "Autobiography of Benvenuto Cellini"?  I had to read it in library school and had no idea there was an overture to him.  If you haven't read it, he was one conceited know-it-all, but he wrote beautifully about the times in which he lived which is why we needed to read it - a fine autobiography.

ArdraF

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom