The Unofficial Motorcycle Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
55 and sunny here right now. Storms are coming in a few hours but it sure is tempting at the moment.
Shirtsleeves here and cloudy bright. Zepfyr of a breeze. I just came in from a brisk 2.2 mile walk sweaty. Perfect for motorcycling, dinghy sailing. Cold front, possible tornadoes, and a drop in temps tonight.

Shirtsleeves here and cloudy bright. Zepfyr of a breeze. I just came in from a brisk 2.2 mile walk sweaty. Perfect for motorcycling, dinghy sailing. Cold front, possible tornadoes, and a drop in temps tonight.
Supposed to be 52 in Arkansas today. Yesterday was about the same with 25mph winds, the day before was cold and raining, but Tuesday I got together with my sons to take a ride.

20221229_111812.jpg

I just received the email that my Energica Experia is waiting for me in the shop near Auburn, CA.

So I will cut this trip short and leave here on Friday.

BTW, there are two charge stations in this town. A j-1772 at the Welcome Center and another at the library, less than a mile away from me here and less than a mile between charge stations. But they are too close to be useful to me when I can simply charge here at the RV park with 120 VAC.

I can complete the rest of this trip later in my Class A. Or should I grab a tent and go by new electric motorcycle?

-Don- Borrego Springs, CA

Very exciting news, Don!

I am done tent camping - LOL. Will the new bike fit on your carrier? If so you could swap them out.

You've waited this long so if there are things on your trip list you wanna see you could wait until it's over. But if you are like me and most people waiting for a new toy is impossible.

Looking forward to pics and a ride report.

We took out the dirt bikes yesterday. I did about 8 loops around the parking lot and got a front wheel puncture. Total bust - LOL...

Josh has been acquiring vehicles and flipping them. He completed a gas golf cart and recently picked up a 125 TT-R and some brand of Chinese stink bug. He's got them both running pretty good and he plans to flip them this week.

The tank plastic on my Chinese hawk got damaged so I removed it. Not fancy and it is still fun to ride.

Attachments

• 2023-02-07 16.29.01.jpg
    2023-02-07 16.29.01.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 2023-02-07 16.28.47.jpg
    2023-02-07 16.28.47.jpg
    554.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 2023-02-07 16.28.38.jpg
    2023-02-07 16.28.38.jpg
    572.9 KB · Views: 3
I am done tent camping - LOL. Will the new bike fit on your carrier? If so you could swap them out.
I could also be done with tent camping. I have not done such since 2017--that was a weeklong backpacking trip. The years after that had forest fires and too much smoke in the area I wanted to go, Tahoe National Forest, about in the middle between my Reno and Auburn house. But if it were not for the smoke every year since, I would have gone again at least twice more. But now, in my older age, I am more into day hikes just as I am more into day motorcycle rides instead of long overnighters.

No, the RV rack is at the limit with my smallest electric motorcycle at 325 lbs. The rack is 25 lbs, can handle 400 lbs, but the tongue weigh capacity of this Y2K motorhome is only 350 lbs and I am using every pound of its capacity as is.

The 2023 Energica Experia weighs in at 260 kg, which is around 575 lbs. Over the limit of the cycle rack as well as the tongue weigh capacity of either of my motorhomes.

-Don- Borrego Springs, CA

On the way home, I stopped off at A&S Motorcycles in in Roseville, CA I am now the legal owner of the 2023 Energica Experica, all insured and all.

The total out-the-door price here in CA with sales tax, DMV fees, etc, was $29,291.90. That includes all CA DMV fees and taxes, my deposit, etc. Everything except for the insurance.

Very nice looking bike. They will deliver it to me sometime next week, perhaps on Tuesday.

Notice I just changed my signature line.

My VIN number ends on 000016. The 16TH Experia made by Energica. First one insured by Progressive. Wasn't on their list. Is now, thanks to me.

It will take me a while to learn this thing. As many different screens as my Tesla. They changed it quite a bit from their other models. This one has several settable riding modes plus the five default settings.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom