THE VERANDA - Country Coach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow, really cool concept, would be good if you were full time and traveled alot. the only safety issue I saw was someone is going to walk into the veranda.

I think the roof top patio would be better. and the ultimate would be a garage in the rear and a patio. :)

Airstream, yes.  We had a couple that were traded in when I was at LD.  One had a dishwaser full size, built in under the staircase.  One of the most viewed coaches.  Nobody wanted to buy one, they all wanted to see it.

I have been out to LD to look at the Veranda.  I think they have 3 models, thet run up to 700k, I think the base model is in the 400's.

The one in the mag was the 700.

WOW!  A MH that actually encourages you to walk on the roof  ;D

Thats pretty cool...if only we could afford it AND nascar tickets :p

The October 2008 issue of Family Motor Coaching also has a feature article about the Veranda, including specs (pages 60-64).  It might be really good for someone who is handicapped.  On the other hand I can see it being a problem in some campgrounds.  It will be interesting to see if it's one of the survivors.

The last time we were in Boise, which was about 3 or 4 years ago, we seen a 5th wheel trailer that had something similar that they called a patio deck.  Extended out from the trailer under the door.

Methinks this is going to be a bust. Looks nice in a magazine, and might look cute at an RV show, but can you imagine sitting on that "veranda" and having everyone going by make a comment or ask a question? Pretty soon you'll either be hiding inside the coach &/or just retracting the veranda. I often wonder if some RV designers ever venture out in the products they design. This one is probably the brainchild of some marketing guy.

BTW any idea how much interior width the veranda occupies when it's in its stowed position?

The Veranda models are all luxury class coaches and I suspect they would be used in luxury class parks, where they may be more viable than some other parks.  Handy if you just want to sip your champagne where you can have a peek at the sky.  They certainly aren't for everybody, but they may have an appeal. Bet we would be seeing a few around if the market hadn't tanked.

I spent 30 minutes or so looking a Veranda 600 over last month. Nancy & I had it all to ourselves, so could take our time. Frankly I liked it better than I expected - it is rather nicely designed. It does cost a bit of wall space (it's in the galley in the floor plan we looked at), but not a lot.  Nancy was more concerned that there is a glass wall in the galley when the veranda is deployed than over anything else. She didn't want neighbors watching her slaving in the galley!  Of course, if we could afford one we would be making  reservations for dinner rather than cooking...

The marketing folks always have a beautiful and pristine setting to display their wares, and the Veranda was no exception.  I couldn't help but visualize one of these in a KOA pull-through with the veranda extended  :D :D  Gary is most likely correct, you wouldn't see one of these just anywhere.

Apologies for the late reply in this thread, still getting back to normal after the overseas trip.  I loved the concept of the Airstream Sky Deck, doesn't that just scream out for a place for the kids to play and parents relax without wondering where they are. The original link is broken but google led me to this story which gave me some interesting information and pictures: http://www.gizmag.com/go/3347/

This link gives a floor plan as well as interior photos - (hope it works for you otherwise Google for it).

But talking about odd mobile homes and decks and verandahs led me to this article about the Wothahellizat - just say it slowly and you'll get the right pronunciation ;)  http://www.gizmag.com/go/5869/

Ray D said:
Have you seen the Veranda?  ;D

It's on the cover of the August Motorhome Magazine.  8) Yes, very cool!

We love it. Decided to go get one next week. Took the first step. Bought the lottery ticket today.  ::)

http://veranda.countrycoach.com/

Ray D  ;D

But is it enough to save Country Coach? I read yesterday that CC COULD be shut down by March... not sure that I would want to spend that kind of money knowing that the manufacturer is on the ropes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom