The verdict is in on the roof mount

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
When Ron & Terry installed the roof mount for my DW/HN dish, they both said "I think you're going to like it up there". They were right. No more dragging out the dish and the tripod and running cables through the window of the coach and Chris no longer says "you're not dragging that stuff out for one night are you?". As mentioned in another topic, putting the jacks down and levelling the coach (resulting in a plumb mast) is important for a quick and accurate setip. I rarely have to make more than one trip to the roof to get a good signal strength and crosspol and a little  practice has helped to reduce the time it takes.

An unexpected side benefit for me ......

As mentioned elsewhere, heights are a real issue for me, which I found out only in the last year is a hereditary issue. It was a real bear when I first started working at heights for a living; I'd start climbing a structure and would freeze part way up. Doing it every day lessened the problem over time. But, that was 35 years ago and the "condition" returned when I was no longer doing it every day. I was unable to stand on the roof of the house or the coach and the best I could do was crawl on all fours. When I travelled extensively for a living and stayed in high-rise hotels, I would freeze just standing on the balcony.

These trips to the roof of the coach to set up the dish, and others I've made since getting home to make some hardware changes, have significantly reduced the "heights" problem. So much so that I had no qualms about washing the roof of the coach this morning. Chris used to have to do that because I was unable to stand up, but now it's going to be tough to get Chris up the ladder again! Did I say this was a benefit  ???

[edit]Fixed typos[/edit]

Ron said:
We are glad we could get her done.  By the way what plans does Chris have for the empty bay? ??? ;D

Ron:

Don't worry that takes care of itself. ;D

Ron,

Don't ask! She's forgotten about it.

Jeff,

The bay has been empty for some time and she hasn't asked about it or mentioned it. In reality, it would bug Chris to have stuff shoved in a storage bay; She'd prefer to throw stuff out than have it stored anywhere.

Tom said:
Jeff,

The bay has been empty for some time and she hasn't asked about it or mentioned it. In reality, it would bug Chris to have stuff shoved in a storage bay; She'd prefer to throw stuff out than have it stored anywhere.

I'll send Sue over the next time we're together. ;)

Back
Top Bottom