The world is in crisis yet again. This time around, it’s a sand shortage.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jymbee

The most-extracted solid material in the world, and second-most used global resource behind water, sand is an unregulated material used extensively in nearly every construction project on Earth. And with 50 billion metric tons consumed annually—enough to build an 88-foot-tall, 88-foot-wide wall around the world—our sand depletion is on the rise, and a completely unregulated rise at that.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/environment/a39880899/earth-is-running-out-of-sand/

I originally thought this was going to be a joke. But after reading the article I can understand the serious nature. I grew up in coastal town, Daytona Beach. There are, or used to be miles and miles of sand dunes. We used ride dirt bikes over the dunes. After we moved away and lived in other places and came back for visits we noticed signs everywhere saying do not disturb the dunes. There has been so much construction on the beach that destroyed the dunes. Plus the simple act of walking across the dues to get to the beach has also destroyed them. Erosion has become a problem. But running out of sand kind of bogies the mind.

One thing not mentioned is the shortage and cost of sand is slowing down new US oil well production and adds to the cost of oil. We have a section of land that was covered with 30' high sand dunes 20 years ago. It all went down oil wells and it's almost gone now.

What I thought was ironic is when my Tom worked for Bechtel in San Francisco. He had to deal with Saudi Arbia issues a lot.

One of the problems was the USA had to ship them sand to their very sandy endless desert.

The sand there in Saudi Arbia was too fine to be used for much of anything.

-Don- Reno, NV

But you said "that you know of" in a previous message. So perhaps you do have a dozen or so kids you don't know about. ;)

But I can be 100% sure I have no kids. :)
"that I know of" is a joke. I am confident I never knocked up anyone. I have full sex very rarely and none in the last 40 years.

More of a world problem than here in the USA/Canada.

Far, far too much human heterosexuality in today's world. All the problems it causes, such as abortions, kids having babies, world over-population, etc. :)

-Don- Reno, NV
It’s not our fault we are heterosexual. I know several folks, married and single that do not want kids. Our son and some friends of ours. I have cousins that are childless.

More of a world problem than here in the USA/Canada.

Far, far too much human heterosexuality in today's world. All the problems it causes, such as abortions, kids having babies, world over-population, etc. :)

-Don- Reno, NV

And they keep giving us more gay people! I'm not complaining.

nominated for worst thread on RVForum I've ever read. BARF. I couldn't give a rats ass who or what anyone has sex with I just don't want to read it on a rv forum.

Back
Top Bottom