Thermostat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brid

OK, we  have had our 2005 Country Coach for ten years and never have had a problem that I couldn't work out until now.  We have 2 propane furnaces and 2 heat pumps.  Zone 1 is forward. Zone 2 is aft.  If I turn on zone 1 furnace it operates as normal.  If I turn on zone 2 furnace zone 1 furnace comes.  This has just started. 
Any ideas

Read your post carefully. It makes no sense.

?... If I turn on zone 2 furnace zone 1 furnace comes...?

Huh?

What he is saying is that during the night, gremlins snuck into the MH and rewired the thermostats................

Do you have one thermostat that controls both (not logical but I gotta ask) or do you have two separate thermostats operating the separate zones...... If the latter (logical installation) you got mice chewing on the wires.....

Honestly, I have no idea.

Charles

Presumably it is a single wall unit, multi-zone, thermostat, but yeah, have to ask.  In this type of set-up, the thermostat signals the zone controller, which in turn talks to the actual furnace or heat pump as needed.  The zone controllers are usually co-located with the heat pump.
It sounds like the thermostat isn't changing zones, i.e. it still acts of zone 1 furnace even though zone 2 is selected on the thermostat display or switch.
Please identify both the thermostat make/model and the heat pump make/model (that identifies the zone control in use).

I have the Duo-Therm thermostat & presently it's not seeing the furnace in zone 2 so I need to figure out how to do a complete reset.

Back
Top Bottom