Thetford Aqua Magic 2 won?t stop running...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheJohnsonRodeo

Howdy all!

We have a Thetford Aqua Magic 2 drool in our new to us living quarters horse trailer.  The first weekend we used it all was well.

This past weekend it decided that when you flush it and release the handle it will keep running water into the bowl.  THANKFULLY we did not leave the trailer and realized it before it overflowed! 

Google research led me to the water control valve, and then the vacuum breaker.  The guy at our local RV place who supplied the parts also felt that the issue would be resolved by these 2 parts.  We did the valves first and the breaker when it didn?t stop.

If you haven?t caught on by now...neither part has fixed the problem.  It is still running when we flush until we shut the pump off and babysit it, clearing water from the bowl until the lines are empty.  Quite obnoxious really, no such thing as a quick trip to the bathroom.

Thoughts? We like 1/3 of the way to the cost of just buying a new toilet...

I have the same toilet.  My issue is the foot pedal (flush lever) likes to fall off.  It controls two separate valves.  a forward valve opens and closes the flush ball.  The rear valve opens and closes the water valve.

Even when my foot pedal is connected, it does not completely close the ball or shut off the water without lifting the pedal with my toe.

Try the toe lift.  If that does not work, try removing the pedal and working the valves manually.

BTL, my next purchase will be a new toilet.

Was driving my constant curiosity on why it would keep running and then not for quite a while. Was it after calling Thetford Help

Water Pressure too low?
Parts recommended to replace, but had not ordered yet.
Lubed the seal and ball joint to slide easier.
Snapped the peddle off and all looked good and worked by hand perfectly.
Greased the inside of the peddle where the spring arm goes into the peddle.
And it then flooded my hardwood floor and now it in buckled up in joints, argggg.

Solution? Pulled the peddle again and with close inspection, the black spring loaded arm had formed a tiny DENT in the plastic so when released by foot flushing it reset into the dent and that was not far enough to turn it off!! Took an exacto knife and shaved the dent smooth inside the foot peddle. Then lubed it and walla!!! Not running anymore. If it ever does again, I will add to this.

Back
Top Bottom