Thinking about buying a cover for my trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ckmontana

I live in Northwest Montana, and have a 1990 Nomad Trailer.  I park the trailer on the side of my house, so it's exposed during the winter.  I am wondering if I should buy a cover for added protection.  The trailer is getting up there in years, and I've had to fix a couple of leaks.  I was thinking a cover might provide a little more assurance that water won't get in.

I've looked at those breathable covers made by Dupont (Tyvek and AquaShed).  Anyway, I am wondering if a cover would be worth the investment.  They run between $270 and $350.  Any advice would sure be appreciated!!  Thanks.  -Craig 

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
Personally I would not recommend a cove that comes in contact with the trailer surface since covers tend to cause chaffing on the trailer surface.

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
Craig,

As Ron mentioned covers can cause chaffing of the surface which could eventually work through the paint. Also some covers can hold moisture which can do damage without you ever knowing it. Personally I don't like them but others may have a different idea.

rbell

I had a cover on my previous trailer, a Trailmanor. Like they say the wind causes chafing etc. Also moisture would freeze the cover to the surface and I'd have to pour hot water on it to get it off so I could go to Fla. The other problem is putting them on. It's not fun to put them up and over all the stuff on top. Snow would melt and make big ice chunks in the low spots also.

Top Bottom