Third AC Unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2PawsRiver

We have started a deal on a Seismic 4113 with a local dealer. The TH won't be in till next week, but I got the options sheet. It shows only two AC unit, lacking the third in the garage.

Our first RV and I notice some have the three AC Units and some just have two. I figure we will at times be in areas that are 80 and 90 degrees.

Should the lack of a third AC unit be a deal breaker?

Is it wired for a third unit?  If so, it is clearly NOT a deal breaker.  Add it later if needed.

If you never camp in weather above 90 deg, I doubt you will need a third A/C

Arch Hoagland said:
No. You are in great shape. 

It's been 100 to 107 where I live for the past 30 days. We put on a jacket at 80 degrees.

Arch, I don?t think you?d like our place in the winter.....main floor 66 degrees, upstairs bedroom 57 to 58 degrees. Helps keep us acclimated to our cool winters!  :)

Memtb said:
  Arch, I don?t think you?d like our place in the winter.....main floor 66 degrees, upstairs bedroom 57 to 58 degrees. Helps keep us acclimated to our cool winters!  :)

Ha! you are right. We seldom get below freezing here, maybe five times a year. However I have lived in Pennsylvania, Illinois, Utah and Maryland so I still know what a snow shovel looks like.  Looks like work.  I'm retired so don't want that type of work anymore!!!

grashley said:
Is it wired for a third unit?  If so, it is clearly NOT a deal breaker.  Add it later if needed.

If you never camp in weather above 90 deg, I doubt you will need a third A/C

Thank you for your input. 

I'm just curious, I have 50 amp service on my rig with 2 a/c now. Each one being wired on separate legs on the distribution box. How do they wire in the third a/c? 

Both my A/C are on Leg 1 of my 50A box.  No problem.  I doubt I would want all 3 on the same leg if there was any other load, but even at 15A each, the leg would not be overloaded.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom