This can't be legal... ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowguy800

We saw this on Interstate 94 just East of St. Paul, MN.? The truck has Missouri plates.? That would be a long, scary drive rigged up like this...

Attachments

• boat on truck.jpg
    boat on truck.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 424
RV Roamer said:
Perfectly legal as long as his GVWR is not exceeded.

...and the load is secured properly.  I'd think a state trooper would be interested in stopping him to check that out!  :eek:

Ron said:
Found On Road Dead? ?;D ??? ;) ??? ;D

I thought it was Fix Or Repair Daily  ...

but anyway don't say that, considering about 90% of the MH's I'm looking at are Ford chassis and I will probably end up with one!  :p ::) :-\ :)

First On Race Day  At least it could pull it.  If it were a GMC  (Gods Mechanical Crap) it would broke down along side of the road.    LOL  Rather push a Ford than Drive a Chev.

Now that is what I call planning ahead. Get caught in a flash flood, migrate to the boat behind the trailer, if it gets really deep, migrate to one on top the truck ::)

Larry

Weight is one thing.....risk of overturning is quite another.  I'd think it is very high.......

I took a closer look at that picture,  There are special lift/support arms in the bed of the pickup to raise and lower the upper boat/trailer, it appears this is a special truck customized for delivering boats to dealers.

So, how do they get it down... Hydralically that is how

Speaking of getting thigs up/down,  Harbor Freight (For those who shop there) has a 12 ton Hydralic jack, this unit is hooked up to use a manual pump in the tradition of bottle jacks or Air over Hydralic in the manner of a shop jack.  I'm interested since an 8 ton will pick up my rig but you need more muscle than I have, and I have a fair amount

Air, I have 150PSI of

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom