This hobby goes well with rving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2PUPs

Well this is one of my favorite past times , low n slow bbqing , I have a home made smoker that I made at work , heres a pic of it .

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    229.7 KB · Views: 666
Hi 2Pups!!  I love slow cooked ribs, picnic etc. Can't get enuff. :) ; If your food comes out as GOOD as your smoker LOOKS  ;D, i want to build one too!!! How 'bout sharin your How-To with us??? Thanks , and good eatin'.  Capt.Tony

As we speak I have 8 racks of ribs in the smoker now. I am very interested in yours and would like much more info on it, pictures, design drawing, etc. You may have opened up a big can of worms here  :). I am looking to make something on the small size for the MH. Love to sit around outside by the smoker drinking a cool one.

Jay T

A "Home Made Smoker" that I "Made at Work". . . .  Is that an Oxymoron or do you work at home? ?

Just kidding. 

TheBigLarry said:
A "Home Made Smoker" that I "Made at Work". . . .  Is that an Oxymoron or do you work at home? ?

Just kidding.

They're called HONEY_DO's.
Edit: Fixed quote.

Here is a smoker my son and I built out of a old file cabinet for less than 100.00

Attachments

• P2050633.JPG
    P2050633.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 222
2PUPs said:
  Well this is one of my favorite past times , low n slow bbqing , I have a home made smoker that I made at work , heres a pic of it .

Wow, sweet.  Do you have plans for that? 

Great looking smoker, but I once watched Alton Brown (Food Network) smoke a salmon inside a cardboard box.

He used an electric heater to create heat and an A/C thermometer to measure temperature.
He smoked a salmon and it took a few hours, but it got there.  He explained that it's a simple matter of getting
air temperature to a certain point and maintaining it there.  Additionally you can control moisture on a limited
basis.  He did put a stainless bowl of water in the box as well.

Those who tasted the salmon at his dinner party were amazed at the taste.  I would however like to join the
chorus on asking exactly how was this built, how does it work and when do we eat ? ? ? ?

2PUPs said:
Looks like a whiskey still. ;D ;D

Molaker said:
Looks like a whiskey still. ;D ;D

I was thinkin' the same thing!

I love those rare camping trips when i have the time to do some quality time around the camp site doing some grillin' and chillin'

I've never done any smoke cooking, but have always wanted to give it a try.  Seems like it would make for a great excuse to stick around the camp site (or the house) doing nothing in particular, but just to keep an eye on it!

Oh, and I saw that same Alton Brown episode years ago.  Used to like that show.  Also liked the time he used a simple box fan and AC filters to make jerky.

2PUPs said:
  Made from 30 gallon drum? Where do you put it? I love to slow cook abt. 175*/200 wish I had the room.

That's cool. I never looked at it that way. I always wondered how that worked.  ::) :eek: ;D :D ;) It's so simple now.

Back
Top Bottom