This is a Community afterall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

Some replies to posts question wether or not it should be on an RV forum.  Here is how i see it, this website may be primarily about RV's but it is also a community which means that beyond the primary intent other content is expected and even welcomed.  Some may feel that only the primary intent should be discussed but i disagree and here is why.

When you make friends, even online friends, you want to discuss other things other than what you live in.  You may want to discuss life or other activities which affect your life.  Its more than "here is the reason for the shadetree section", its about sharing your experience with others. 

Now i could spread my time between a bunch of forums and social sites, one for each thing going on in my life or question i have.  But all of us are more than RV owners, we are all people with experiences outside of the RV world.  Sure i might get a faster answer from a forum more specific but its not always about getting a fast answer, its about being social and sharing the answer with others. 

I would rather have a few close friends than a bunch of non friends, just as i would rather spend my time on one site than spread my social life over a bunch of sites.

Besides, regarding websites its all about traffic and the extra traffic does not hurt at all.

I'm pretty sure this topic came about because of my post about your bites. My written words don't come out they way they would as if I spoke them. My comment was because with diabetes, something that looks like those bites could turn into something serious quickly. It wasn't meant to be saying run to a doctor for every little scratch, it was because you asked for opinions, and mine was that you need to see a medical professional, and not worry what we say. The comment was one of concern, not criticism. Yes, this is a community after all....

kdbgoat said:
I'm pretty sure this topic came about because of my post about your bites. My written words don't come out they way they would as if I spoke them. My comment was because with diabetes, something that looks like those bites could turn into something serious quickly. It wasn't meant to be saying run to a doctor for every little scratch, it was because you asked for opinions, and mine was that you need to see a medical professional, and not worry what we say. The comment was one of concern, not criticism. Yes, this is a community after all....

Yes i understood why you said what you said out of concern and thank you.  I only did this because your comment reminded me that i have been wanting to say what i said here for some time now, it was not all about your comment :)  Its just your comment reminded me to do it.    Thank you kindly for your concern it is very much appreciated :)

Why do I feel a group hug is about to happen.... ;D ;D ;D

But your words do carry a lot of weight. When one of the regulars has a health scare we all rally around to offer support and prays because we do care. I even seen member(s) offer help above and beyond to complete strangers on this forum.

Gator, do you need my email address?  I could do with a laugh....  ;D

I am guilty of injecting off post comments, usually humorous, and I sometimes think I should refrain in case it annoys folks.....

We all need a little humor in our lives and sometimes I get it right here on the RV Forum.  As one person said recently "You guys crack me up."  I'm glad we can cheer others and provide moral support to our Framily.

ArdraF

Maybe jackiemac can explain what a scottsman does if he sees a gator or crock on the putting green? 

1. Hit them in the head with a mashie and send them on their way.
2. Tell everyone they are not in ireland anymore (no gator or crocks there)
3. Get on the forum and find out why OldGator73 is laying on the green in the first place, its such a crock!  LOL

djw2112 said:
Maybe jackiemac can explain what a scottsman does if he sees a gator or crock on the putting green? 

1. Hit them in the head with a mashie and send them on their way.
2. Tell everyone they are not in ireland anymore (no gator or crocks there)
3. Get on the forum and find out why OldGator73 is laying on the green in the first place, its such a crock!  LOL

The normal response whenone sees a Gator on the putting green is to let the gator play through. As for why Oldgator73 is laying on the green it would most certainly be about halfway through the front half. Oldgator 73 is old, needs rest, has bad knees, herniated disks in his neck. On the other he may have just stopped to contemplate wadded or folded and chunky vs smooth.

Oldgator73 said:
The normal response whenone sees a Gator on the putting green is to let the gator play through. As for why Oldgator73 is laying on the green it would most certainly be about halfway through the front half. Oldgator 73 is old, needs rest, has bad knees, herniated disks in his neck. On the other he may have just stopped to contemplate wadded or folded and chunky vs smooth.

LOL :)

Gator, I know it gets chilly where you live, so I'm trying to gain some insight from your vast wisdom. When you wear long johns, do you put them on first, then your socks to keep the legs from creeping up, or socks first and use the long johns to keep the socks from falling down?

Oh, oh, I know the answer to this one.  I always wear 2 pairs of socks when it gets cold.  The first pair of socks goes under the long johns and the second pair goes over.

kdbgoat said:
Gator, I know it gets chilly where you live, so I'm trying to gain some insight from your vast wisdom. When you wear long johns, do you put them on first, then your socks to keep the legs from creeping up, or socks first and use the long johns to keep the socks from falling down?

My long John?s have feet in them so no need for socks.

I am guilty of injecting off post comments, usually humorous, and I sometimes think I should refrain in case it annoys folks.....

I love your off post comments. I love most everyones off post comments. Even my own. You may not see me doing it, but most times Im sitting here reading the comments and laughing. Keep on with the jokes. Its good for people to laugh.

Back
Top Bottom