Thor acquires Tiffin. For real this time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UTTransplant

https://ir.thorindustries.com/investor-resources/press-releases/press-release-details/2020/THOR-Announces-Acquisition-Of-Luxury-RV-Manufacturer-Tiffin-Motorhomes/default.aspx

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Sorry to read that.  Further consolidation of the RV industry into just 3 mega-companies (Thor, Rev, Winnebago) is never good for the consumer, even though it probably improves financial stability.

SargeW

Site Team
Yeah, Thor's press release indicated that Tiffin's motorized profit margin doesn't match Thor's, so they will be making some changes.  To me that reads as cutting costs and raising prices.

UTTransplant

The equivalent press release from Tiffin:
https://tiffinmotorhomes.com/blog/tiffin-motorhomes-joins-the-thor-industries-family?fbclid=IwAR27h-ynitOlBOwb_Ig3ADH_pO8jYlxQdDvwQncRhrfZRygqo-0td22aGTg

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Thor has a long history of homogenizing its purchases into a generic Thor product, gaining economy of scale and sharing tech, but losing whatever attributes made the former independent company unique.  Airstream is the notable exception, so let's hope Tiffin will be another.

garyb1st

We can get better quality if we really want it.  We just don't really want to pay for it.  There's a reason so many manufactures have failed.  There's also a reason Prevosts and Newells sell for millions. 

CJAG

Thor has a long history of homogenizing its purchases into a generic Thor product, gaining economy of scale and sharing tech, but losing whatever attributes made the former independent company unique. Airstream is the notable exception, so let's hope Tiffin will be another.

CJAG

That explains why so many Thors are for sale. I see them everywhere now that I am starting to look again. I plan on staying away from them.

Top Bottom