THOR sticker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

p38fln

The side of my 1991 Citation travel trailer has a worn out sticker that should say this:

CITATION by
THOR The Home Of Recreation

The left 15% or so of the sticker is missing.

Do newer THOR trailers and motorhome still have "The Home Of Recreation" on the side?

I've been trying to figure out how to get replacement decals because the decals are the only parts of the trailer that aren't in decent shape

I'll assume you've done some searching with a search engine or have checked on eBay to see if anyone still has a NOS/new old stock set of decals for your model trailer (I haven't, but, always a good place to check first- you might just get lucky!). My only other recommendation beyond that is I'll bet a vinyl graphics shop could easily re-create the decals (take a picture, scale it, fill in the missing piece) and then get it cut on new vinyl. Might cost more than it's worth, but if the finished look is worth it...

Last edited:
I'll assume you've done some searching with a search engine or have checked on eBay to see if anyone still has a NOS/new old stock set of decals for your model trailer. My only other recommendation beyond that is I'll bet a vinyl graphics shop could easily re-create the decals (take a picture, scale it, fill in the missing piece) and then get it cut on new vinyl. Might cost more than it's worth, but if the finished look is worth it...
Yep I've tried EBay and Amazon, all I come up with is generic graphics of a Thor hammer. I do know there's a guy who runs a vinyl decal shop in Superior, Wisconsin kind of behind the AmsOil factory, he is very proud of his work and charges appropriately...but he does some damn good work. Jimmy something, can't remember his last name.

Most medium-size & larger cities have at least one vinyl graphics shop there days. The equipment is computerized and it's easy to design and make custom stuff. Google should find one near you.

I emailed Thor, I'm not counting on a response haha I don't think they put the silly stickers on their motor coaches - it looks too whimsical for a luxury vehicle

IMG_20221027_101945312.jpg

I'm with Gary.....find a vinyl graphics shop nearby and have them reproduce it. I doubt Thor is worried about copyright here. ;)

They can match the font and size easily.

It appears that the original label was a paper one with a printed vinyl overlay, sort of like a bumper sticker.
Having one made with vinyl letters could work, but because of the size of some of the letters, they probably wouldn't last long in the elements.
We had a vinyl plotter at the hospital I worked at and when I made made lettering for outdoors, the letters were larger and heavier than ones used inside.
You could contact a company that does commercial vinyl wraps. For something that small it may be cost prohibitive though.

It appears that the original label was a paper one with a printed vinyl overlay, sort of like a bumper sticker.
Having one made with vinyl letters could work, but because of the size of some of the letters, they probably wouldn't last long in the elements.
We had a vinyl plotter at the hospital I worked at and when I made made lettering for outdoors, the letters were larger and heavier than ones used inside.
You could contact a company that does commercial vinyl wraps. For something that small it may be cost prohibitive though.
I'll probably just pull it off, the main lettering is still there

Hitting up a sign shop that does vinyl is definitely the way to go. To help recreate it, I was able to find an example of it online (attached below) that can be used to very closely recreate the fonts and "THOR" graphic.

Attachments

• 083-3.jpg
    083-3.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom