Thoughts On Getting High

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Wife suffers PTSD and it's NO JOKE..

She also has a list of other problems and is 100% disable by VA and Medicare.

Despite all her conditions I/we know of no source for free pot.

She does have her state medical card and does use it when needed. But she has never come close to using her monthly allotment.
Pot is free if you grow it at home.

My Wife suffers PTSD and it's NO JOKE..

She also has a list of other problems and is 100% disable by VA and Medicare.

Despite all her conditions I/we know of no source for free pot.

She does have her state medical card and does use it when needed. But she has never come close to using her monthly allotment.
So sorry for your wife. Our son has PTSD. Before he went to Iraq he was a just a happy go lucky guy. Now he can’t hold a job, can’t be around people much. We bought some property in Virginia so he could do his thing; raise chicken, ducks and a pig and smoke pot. He buys it from somebody. It’s quite a process to be diagnosed with PTSD. It took him several years. Lots of documentation. Now on top of that he has Lyme disease. There’s no free pot. I hate it when people make stupid remarks about other peoples illnesses.

That’s a pretty crappy post. Maybe you should suffer from PTSD for awhile and see how you like it.

I didn't refer to any of you.

Sounds like you feel guilty or something.

Gees, You really should not jump to conclusions.

How much does it cost?

For those interested in cost - we bought our gummies in Illinois, the closest state with legal rec use. Packaging there is apparently regulated and each contains 100 mg of THC, regardless of the provider. We bought in three different dispensaries and the cost was pretty uniform, an average of just under $40 per container, including the steep tax. Not cheap but if it can keep me away from opioids, well worth it.

I had knee surgery this morning for a meniscus tear and it went beautifully, home by noon. The hospital filled the surgeon's pain prescription and delivered it to my room before I was sent home - $14.86 for 40 hydrocodone tablets. I will take as needed only if Tylenol doesn't do the job. I will resume THC dosing experimentation after the knee thing is history. All in all it was a not so bad morning.

Bill

We bought some property in Virginia so he could do his thing; raise chicken, ducks and a pig and smoke pot.
I'm sorry for your son.

I read this about Veterans Administration (thanks gator) :

“As disability awards for PTSD have grown nearly fivefold over the past 13 years, so have concerns that many veterans might be exaggerating or lying to win benefits,” reports the Washington Post. The Post quotes studies and experts suggesting that “roughly half” of veterans may not really have PTSD.

“Depending on severity, veterans with PTSD can receive up to $3,000 a month tax-free, making the disorder the biggest contributor to the growth of a disability system in which payments have more than doubled to $49 billion since 2002,” reports the Post.

In addition, the Post notes that virtually no veterans ever seem to be getting better. “Of the 572,612 veterans on the disability rolls for PTSD at the end of 2012, 1,868 — a third of 1 percent — had lower ratings the next year, according to statistics provided by the VA.”

As disability awards grow, so do concerns over the veracity of veterans’ PTSD claims.

There is always news out there saying stuff.

Maybe it would be good to prove it wrong?!

Last edited:
Will that take care of you for a week?
Probably just about that. But, with a self-imposed daily limit of 2000 mg of Acetaminophen also taken, then we will see. Also, in the news today was talk of a strong push by the state legislature for the governor to call a special session to legalize medical marijuana. It has documented strong support by the voters already.

@arcticfox2005

yep, it's getting scarier by the minute. They legalize, people overdose and blame and sue the nations taxpayers for letting it happen.

I read this about Virginia:
It’s not about Virginia. VA is Veterans Administration. I’m real protective of our son. I was career military and he served 12 years; same unit but different times. I encouraged him to join so feel responsible for what happened. Sorry, I probably overreacted to your post. I know folks try to scam the system but I also know his problems are real.

One thing to remember
The chemical that gets you high. as I recall is "THC" (and I may have that wrong)
the pain killer/medical benefit is CBD
MJ has both the ratios of the two vary with the "blend" there is at least one blend that's very high in CBD with very low the other stuff.. (Megan's blend?) it's named after a young lady it cured.

You can also get CBD oil

I do not use any of the MJ products so can not advise how well they work.

Will that take care of you for a week?
In California they sell "flower" in 1/8 oz. packages. I think I paid $40 plus tax for 2 packages(1/4 oz.)a few weeks ago. Nowadays that'll last me a close to a month. Back in the old days that was maybe a weeks supply.
In Colorado they don't have the stupid "prepackaging" laws and you can buy bulk(up to 1 oz). I have purchased what they call "untrimmed bud" which has some leaf with the buds for around $80/oz. plus tax. An ounce would last me close to 5 months. I usually only take a couple or three hits off a bowl in the evenings, nowhere even close to the amount I smoked when I was younger.

For those interested in cost - we bought our gummies in Illinois, the closest state with legal rec use. Packaging there is apparently regulated and each contains 100 mg of THC, regardless of the provider. We bought in three different dispensaries and the cost was pretty uniform, an average of just under $40 per container, including the steep tax. Not cheap but if it can keep me away from opioids, well worth it.

I had knee surgery this morning for a meniscus tear and it went beautifully, home by noon. The hospital filled the surgeon's pain prescription and delivered it to my room before I was sent home - $14.86 for 40 hydrocodone tablets. I will take as needed only if Tylenol doesn't do the job. I will resume THC dosing experimentation after the knee thing is history. All in all it was a not so bad morning.

Bill
I bought mine in IL too. Tax for medical cannabis is 1%, but everyone else pays a 40% tax, the highest in the nation. I don’t qualify for a medical card because 1) I am not a resident of IL and 2) post surgical pain isn't a valid reason to them. Sigh. I knew I should have bought some in CO. I had surgery this morning too (shoulder tendon repair and bone spur removal). I got 30 hydrocodone/acetaminophen (aka Vicodin). I will use those tonight and tomorrow as the nerve block wears off, but then I will reduce the Vicodin and start the gummies. I don't want to get more Vicodin, but it is a painful procedure and recovery.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom