Thousand Trails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edjunior

I just signed up for my free 3 day/2 night promotional sales pitch at Thousand Trails.  Does anyone have a membership there?  Is this a good deal?  Any info or "heads up" stuff I should be aware of?  Any additional info would be appreciated.

Personally I think these membership campgrounds are very expensive and should be avoided.  PassPort America is a lot more reasonable and works better.  You would really have to use TT or CC an awful lot to make them worth while.  While Passport America you will save more than the cost in just a few nights at particapating parks.

I second Ron's statement...Don't do it! Travel for at least a year and see if you can do better without. Talk to others at CGs and gather opinions. I bet you will find a bunch of horror stories. I have no such memberships and never regretted it.

I do own a membership at a CG in Des Moines Iowa that is associated with CCC. I have it becuase I visit there enough to make it cost effective.

Yup, y'all are already confirming the way I'm already thinking.  Later, if me and the wife find we really like this camping thing, and start doing it a lot, it may be worth our while.  But since we've just begun, we really need to know that it will be money well spent.  I like the way y'all think.  And I do have Passport America, and saved twice already, even though on their website they said that their discounts were only good "during the week", or "not valid on holiday weekends", and such.  They still gave the discount!  Great.

I suppose it depends on where you live, and how much you will use it and how good a deal you can make on one.  We live in Bellingham, WA and have FOUR TT preserves within an hours drive from our house.  Two of them have pools, two of them are steps from Puget Sound beaches.  I have to admit, I do not know how much these memberships cost, as we were friends with an older couple who were no longer using their membership and they offered it to us for just the administrative transfer fee of $75.00.  I think we pay about $75.00 a year for dues and we stay an UNLIMITED number of nights for free!  Every preserve we have been to has a nice community clubhouse, an adult center, nice store stocked with RV supplies, etc.  One nice thing about TT is that you are GUARANTEED a spot for the night, regardless if you have reservations or not!  Anyway, with my wife and I both working full time and two young boys, the TT membership is so convenient for us here in the Pacific NW.  We also look forward to visiting the othe TT's up and down the West coast in years to come!!!

Regards,

Jeff

When we purchased our coach we received eastern membership and then purchased the western for a very cheap amount.  We have been on the west coast for 6 months now and it has cost us about 60.00 in camping fees only because we stayed at an RPI or Passport couple of times.  IT IS a good deal if you find a good deal and USE the membership.  If you don't travel much don't spend the money on TT.  We have used our membership since we got it and it's nice to travel around not paying at each stop.  Cheryl

Back
Top Bottom