Three Chromebooks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's a competition to see how many different types of plugs they can make for a one particular make and model of electronic.

I have had a bunch of HP chromebooks (And this windozer is an HP with one (USB-C) exception they all take the same plug. Some had bigger bricks. (But all the same voltage) I have some older HP windows machines a well (one of which I'm trying to convert to linux) Same plug, Same voltage.
There is a move in Governments to "Standardize" the connectors so everything.. Laptop. 'Droid, I-phone. Google phone, Windows phone. and a whole lot more ONE PLUG ONE VOLTAGE>
I hear that at least for some devices (Phones and tablets I think) Some other countries have already done this..
Will it happen here in the USA.... As they say your guess.. Good as mine.

Why do you need 3 different Chromebooks? lol
Ok I will give you a serious answer. I don't like moving the Chromebooks around. I keep one 11" CB next to my chair when I watch TV. I have one 11" CB next to my bed. I have one 11" CB on top of my synthesizer tuned into my YouTube organ/piano playlist. I have the 14" Acer CB next to my digital drum set tuned into my YouTube drum playlist. i have the 15'' Acer CB mounted on my exercise bike tuned into YouTube traveling videos. And I have one 17" Windows laptop that I haven't used in years. I don't even know who makes it. The last 11" CB I bought was $69. They are so cheap it is easier to have one every place I use a computer.

Last edited:
I have had a bunch of HP chromebooks (And this windozer is an HP with one (USB-C) exception they all take the same plug. Some had bigger bricks. (But all the same voltage) I have some older HP windows machines a well (one of which I'm trying to convert to linux) Same plug, Same voltage.
There is a move in Governments to "Standardize" the connectors so everything.. Laptop. 'Droid, I-phone. Google phone, Windows phone. and a whole lot more ONE PLUG ONE VOLTAGE>
I hear that at least for some devices (Phones and tablets I think) Some other countries have already done this..
Will it happen here in the USA.... As they say your guess.. Good as mine.
They should have standardized years ago but for some silly reason it never happened.

I'm with you Seiler Bird...I have 5 computers and a tablet spread around the house. Life is great!
The big advantage to having CBs at each place is that they are permanently plugged in except the one in the living room. I use that one on batteries. I just plug it in over night. I also have one Fire tablet two cell phones and four weather stations all plugged in. I have one weather station in my bedroom, one in the bathroom, one in the kitchen and one in the living room. I agree, life is great. I think my five CBs cost less totally than my Windows laptop. And they all look and act the same. And they boot up in 8 seconds.

I've been lucky with Apple. Have been able to use the same charging cord across at least two generations of phones (I only buy a phone every 5 years or so, or when I destroy one, which is rare). Laptops last me 5-6 years and the current one uses a lightning connector. I prefer MagSafe, which I think they've gone back to. The one for the phone fits the other phones and tablets in our house ;)

My PC laptop uses some stupid huge brick with a round plug, but then it uses a USB-C powered connection for the dock, which uses a different round plug and brick. Bah.

Why do you need 3 different Chromebooks? lol
"Need"? For the same reason I need 11 motorcycles.

But there is an accepted formula for how many motorcycles one should own. It's "N+1" where "N" represents the number we currently own. I own ten now, so I have my 11th on order.

And I own far more computers than motorcycles!

1660106440558.png

1660106417417.png

-Don- Crescent City, CA

Ok I will give you a serious answer. I don't like moving the Chromebooks around. I keep one 11" CB next to my chair when I watch TV. I have one 11" CB next to my bed. I have one 11" CB on top of my synthesizer tuned into my YouTube organ/piano playlist. I have the 14" Acer CB next to my digital drum set tuned into my YouTube drum playlist. i have the 15'' Acer CB mounted on my exercise bike tuned into YouTube traveling videos. And I have one 17" Windows laptop that I haven't used in years. I don't even know who makes it. The last 11" CB I bought was $69. They are so cheap it is easier to have one every place I use a computer.
Are they labeled with Dynamo labels so that you don’t put one in the wrong area?:)

I adopted the dedicated computer concept a couple decades ago. Back when nice computers were really expensive I had just a couple or three and went through all sorts of gyrations to set them up to do the various things I wanted. I still have an early pentium that has like six hard drives in and probably a couple dozen partitions all with various filesystems which ran different flavors of windoze, linux and OS/2 on. Fast forward to today the uniqueness of the tasks are no different but it's just easier and cheaper to throw computers at it. I only have 3 at work but I probably run a dozen or more at home, though only a couple in the RV. I treat them like table lamps, turn them on when I do something and turn them off. It works out great, once something's set up and running I leave it be - no issues with "updates" blowing up software or configurations. I have a buddy that's an IT professional and he gives me his agency's obsolete computers, so I have more than I know what to do with.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

"Need"? For the same reason I need 11 motorcycles.

But there is an accepted formula for how many motorcycles one should own. It's "N+1" where "N" represents the number we currently own. I own ten now, so I have my 11th on order.

And I own far more computers than motorcycles!

View attachment 156452

View attachment 156451

-Don- Crescent City, CA

Well, yeah, but you are talking about motorcycles. Nothing wrong with having 11 bikes, I can totally get behind that.

I’d just assume carry around one laptop where it’s needed. But I guess having 3 makes sense if theyre tied down or set up for specific purposes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom