tiffin allegro open road front seats question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joester

Started looking at these Open Road RV's on line, and can't seem to find if the front seats turn 180 degrees around to face the rear.
Most interested in the 2012-2014 years, the 31CA, 32CA, and the 34 TGA models.
Thank you so much.
Also - do any of these come with a decent inverter?

The brochure for the 2012 Open Road shows a photo of the front seats turned to face rearwards, as does the brochure for the 2014. Didn't see that photo in the 2013 brochure. Scanning the brochure and manual for the 2012, it does not appear that an inverter was standard equipment, but you may wish to take a closer look.

Thanks  - we took a quick look at a 2012 Open Road 32CA this week, on consignment. The salesperson was not very knowledgeable about the unit, and wasn't able to open all the side storage doors to see where the batteries and inverter might have been. Wasn't able to turn driver seat more than 90 degrees without hitting steering wheel. I wasn't about to force anything, and was a bit turned off to the lack of basic RV knowledge by the sales people there. Kept insisting that the IntelliPower 9200 converter was what I was asking about - I wanted to know if the unit had an inverter. I'm going to call Tiffin. We do like to quality of the coach tho - seems built better than the 2016 Winnebago Tribute and  2015 Georgetown/Forest River we had looked at. Thanks for the brochures and manuals.

Wasn't able to turn driver seat more than 90 degrees without hitting steering wheel. I wasn't about to force anything,

I've often found that you have to manipulate the seat position, steering wheel adjustment (if available), backrest and chair arms in various ways to find the "magic potion" in many coaches. Copilot seat is usually pretty straightforward, but the driver's seat can take some effort to find the combination.

Larry N. said:
I've often found that you have to manipulate the seat position, steering wheel adjustment (if available), backrest and chair arms in various ways to find the "magic potion" in many coaches. Copilot seat is usually pretty straightforward, but the driver's seat can take some effort to find the combination.

Indeed, this is also my experience with our 2016 Allegro. The driver?s seat turns 180 but you have to putz around to get it right. But once you get it you?ll remember the combination. Well, most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom