Time to Heat up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wls

I have a 37' sandpiper 5th wheel. I was wondering if my furnance was putting out enough heat. Today it was 34 degrees out, and I set the thermostat to 60 degrees to see how long it would take to reach 60 degrees. Well one hour and 10 minutes later it at 54 degrees, seems like it should heat up the inside alittle faster then that. What do you guys/gals think could be the problem, this is a brand new trailer, and this is probably the 3rd time I have lit up the furnance. I believe its a 30000 btu funance. I have a 1983 35' Yellowstone that seems to heat up faster then this, with alot more airleaks. :)

Do you have dual pane windows?  How well insulated is the trailier?  How cold was it to begin with?  A 20 degree difference in temperature may be reasonable in an RV not set up for cold weather.  Did it eventually get to 60 degrees?

Ned said:
Do you have dual pane windows?? How well insulated is the trailier?? How cold was it to begin with?? A 20 degree difference in temperature may be reasonable in an RV not set up for cold weather.? Did it eventually get to 60 degrees?
I took a indoor/outdoor thermometer in inside the trailer, it was the same as the outside temp, which was 34. I'm not too sure as to how many in's of insulation, but would assume, built for the Michigan weather, the dealer said the tanks were in where the heat could get to them somewhat. Just single pane windows like my old 1983. But to me the heat that's coming out of the ducts, is cooler then the heat that comes out of my other trailer. I had other things to tend to, so I shut it down at 54 degrees. My brother has a sunnybrook, and I mentioned it to him, he says it takes about 20 minutes for his 34' to heat up.

Since the trailer was at the outside temperature, you not only have to heat the air, but all of the cabinets, furniture, etc.  That could take several hours, at least.  There is a lot of heat loss through single pane windows too.

Back
Top Bottom