Times they are a changin'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark_K5LXP

Nikon is reportedly dropping out of the market for SLR cameras

Canon, the market leader in SLR cameras, has been making similar retreats from the technology

The death of SLR cameras has been coming for quite some time, as mirrorless alternatives have increased in image quality while offering consumers the option to use lighter and smaller products.

Nikon is reportedly dropping out of the market for SLR cameras

Me either, I got mine cheep from someone that upgraded. I've always preferred the point and shoots for size and weight. The micro 4/3d's sound interesting but I think they're kind of spendy for what you get and it seems anymore I'm gravitating to 16:9 images for displaying photos on TV's. I guess with mirrorless getting the attention now we'll see where that goes.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Cellphone cameras or point and shoot... Ok photos but nothing compares to the quality of my Pentax.

Yeah, that's pretty shocking news and a reminder of how far technology is advancing - for better or worse.

My last not-iPhone camera, almost-DSLR was a Nikon Finepix S9000, Pretty cool for its time and it accepted a standard lens, came with a 28-300mm zoom. It could shoot in RAW format, 9.2MP, and it wrote to an xD card (now defunct!). That was in 2006, and I couldn't imagine having to buy new equipment every time the resolution doubled. How was I going to keep up? lol

I still like to take it out sometimes and take photos "manually" on that old camera. But my iPhone runs circles around it, except for optical zoom. And I still don't have to squint at 9MP photos.

I have a bunch of digital photos from the late 90's/early 2000's. The highest resolution was 2.0MP...they're so small and pixelated, like we were living in a first-generation Nintendo world!

Last edited:
I get great resolution on my Google phone and I have no need for anything better. I haven't even upgraded my phone in the last five years. So mine is old but it still makes beautiful pictures.

Lizard.jpg
The red smear in the upper left is a result of shooting through glass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom