Tire Pressure/Crossfire system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nologo said:
Has anyone installed/used this tire pressure system? Has it worked out good or any other ones similar to this and were satisfied or a waste of $$?

I strongly considered the Crossfire and almost bought it, but then the PressurePro Tire Pressure Monitoring System came out and I bought that instead. Crossfire has a couple of good features; it is easy to monitor and air up the inside duals and it keeps the two tires well equalized. What was missing for me was the ability to monitor the tire pressures while driving. I had no flats while stopped but a number of them while driving and the Crossfire does not help in that situation.

I have used the Crossfire system for over two years without any problems. It makes checking a snap, just walk around and glance at the indicator.

I also have the Pressure Pro system and they work fine together.  Best of all worlds.

Bob

Bob, if one tire of a dual set goes flat, the Crossfire shuts off that valve, right?  If so, does the PressurePro register enough of a pressure drop to signal the monitor or does it just continue to read the one good tire?

Ned said:
Bob, if one tire of a dual set goes flat, the Crossfire shuts off that valve, right?  If so, does the PressurePro register enough of a pressure drop to signal the monitor or does it just continue to read the one good tire?

My nominal tire pressure is 85 for the duals and that is the Crossfire system I have so that is close to  the trigger for PP. The PP would alarm.

I had a test. When I installed them I was sitting in front of my house and after a couple of hours I went out and PP was alarming. Checked and I had not tightened down one inside dual fitting on Crossfire so lost pressure in that tire, the 70 pound safety kicked in but 70 was low enough to trigger my PP alarm.

By the way, I just use one PP sensor  on the duals. When you buy the Crossfire they have a kit or will sell you a system that is adapted for PP so you can use two sensors if you desire. That allows you to monitor each dual separately independent of the crossover.  In that case you would get an alarm before the 70 pound cutoff.

But with my nominal tire pressure of only 85 I don't see the need.

Bob

I agree with bob,  I have the crossfire with the dual sensor modification however may well never use it.  Of course, installing it is a problem because I am unable to install the Crossfire (NOTE: Someone with smaller hands should be able to do it, I also have problems finding Gloves,  They don't make them big enough for me)

nologo said:
Hi All,
Has anyone installed/used this tire pressure system? Has it worked out good or any other ones similar to this and were satisfied or a waste of $$?

http://www.dualdynamics.com

IMHO any extenders or crossfire like installation just adds more possibilities for a leak.  I have the Pressure Pro tire monitor system which monitors all the tire pressures on the coach as well as the toad.  which is more important to me.  With a crossfire system or the like installed you would only have one sensor installed for each set of duals thus if you have a leak on one of the dual tires the crossfire valve closes and you will no longest be monitoring the leaking tire.  Kinda defeats the purpose of having a tire monitoring system.  My advice stay away from the crossfires and invest in a Pressure Pro System.  Click the link on Bernie's post for info on Pressure Pro.

The crossfire system I have here (Not yet installed) has that, Got it in 2006.

However it is not needed, with the Crossfire you need only one sensor per duals.. Here is why

Provided the pressure is above the cut off for the Cross fire (75% of setting) both there the same.

If the pressure goes to ZERO then either the monitoreed (Outer I think) dual is flat or both are
If it goes to the cut off, the other dual is flat.  So there is no need for dual sensors

Back
Top Bottom