Tire pressures and Silverleaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terry A. Brewer

Tom

>>I didn't know that.<<

The SmarTire system integrates with he Silverleaf, I have it on my coach as do Russ & Phil I think.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Thanks Terry. Presumably you still need a receiver with the Smart Tire and it's the output of the receiver that integrates with VMspc (?) If that's true, what's the advantage of integrating? Presumably it's having everything on one screen? Does VMspc have a pre-defined pressure gauge, or is there a PID number to set up your own gauge? Does it give you a readout of every tire, or only an alarm when a low pressure exists?

The VMSpc doesn't display the SmartTire data.? The VMSpc only displays the engine and transmission PID data.

Silverleaf works with the TireSafeGuard tire monitor.

Tom said:
Presumably you still need a receiver with the Smart Tire and it's the output of the receiver that integrates with VMspc (?) If that's true, what's the advantage of integrating? Presumably it's having everything on one screen?

Tom,

The Smart Tire receiver connects to the Silverleaf monitor or a Smart Tire readout.  The receiver has no indicator.  Each tire can be set to whatever pressure and temperature warning that you like.  It gives you a pressure and temperature reading for each tire and it scans so you can watch all the tires without needing to use your hands.  It looks at pressure and temperature levels and also the rate of change.  If you have a Silverleaf, you don't have to pay for the Smart Tire monitor, only the receiver.

Phil

Phil said:
It gives you a pressure and temperature reading for each tire and it scans so you can watch all the tires without needing to use your hands.

Thanks Phil & Ned. So, if using Silverleaf interfaced with the receiver, pressure and temperature radings are displayed on the PC screen? If so, do you have to set up one or more gauges in VMspc to see the information?

Tom said:
Thanks Phil & Ned. So, if using Silverleaf interfaced with the receiver, pressure and temperature radings are displayed on the PC screen? If so, do you have to set up one or more gauges in VMspc to see the information?

Tom,

I use a Silverleaf VMS 200 with its' own screen.  I do not use my VMSpc much anymore.  I don't know if the Smart Tire receiver will connect to a VMSpc setup.  But, Silverleaf could tell you.  ;D

Phil

Tom

>>Presumably it's having everything on one screen? <<

Yes you got it. ?Adding a couple of things to Phil's description...It automatically brings up the Smartire screen if you have a tire problem & it also can display the battery voltage of each sensor. ?

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing...This feature is only on the stand alone Silverleaf units, ?not the PC versions.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Terry A. Brewer said:
This feature is only on the stand alone Silverleaf units,  not the PC versions.

Thanks Terry, that's what I was missing.

Tom,

As I said, the VMSpc only displays engine and tranmission data, it does not display data from the tire monitors.  According to the Silverleaf web site, they haven't made a decision as to whether they will support tire monitoring in the VMSpc product.

Ned

I kept thinking VMspc instead of stand-alone Silverleaf.

Tom,

The combination of VMSpc and Pressure Pro works for us as I monitor the VMSpc data on the notebook while the Pressure Pro display is visible to both Lorna and me.  For others, one of the Silverleaf display units with integrated tire monitor works better.

Ned:

I use VMSpc and Pressure Pro as you do with a blind GPS receiver also feeding Streets and Trips.

Enough displays to play with and make the miles go by. ;D ;D

Jeff,

Sounds much like our rig, except I use a GPS III to feed Street Atlas and Lorna has that in front of her on the dash.  We also use a 2620 at the same time.  We still get lost :D

Tom

>>Thanks Terry, that's what I was missing.<<

Here's a pic of my display.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Attachments

• SilverLeaf (Medium).JPG
    SilverLeaf (Medium).JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 21
Thank Terry. Their new Glass Dash looks really neat, but that's for OEMs and specifically aimed at high end coaches.

Ned

>>Looks cold and very flat<<

They don't transmit until the wheel turns...that way hey get 5-7 year battery life.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Russ

>>Their new Glass Dash looks really neat, but that's for OEMs and specifically aimed at high end coaches.<<

They can be retrofitted at least on the Country Coaches for around $20,000 the last time I checked.<G>

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom