Tire Price Range

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dodgeman

As a newcomer to this site, I had a question regarding tires.
What is the typical price one would pay for a good quality RV tire? That is, mounted, balanced, etc. from a quality dealer.
I tried to find prices on the internet, but no luck. ( I did find a lot of information on care, pressures, blocking, etc.
Regards,
Dodgeman

What type of RV do you have?  There is a big difference between trailer, 5th wheel and motorhome tires.  We just had to buy new tires for our MH in California.  It would help if we knew what size tire you are looking for.  Also, there is probably a difference in price depending on the area of the country where you live.

What was I thinking? Of course there are many types of RV's, and I needed to be more specific.
I am asking about the 19.5 inch and 22.5 inch sizes used on the class A motorhomes.
I tried searching the internet, but it seems all I can find have to do with automotive or other relatively light duty applications.
Regards,
Dodgeman

We just purchased 6 Michelin 275/70R-22.5/18 XZA2.  The total price quoted was in the range of $2,700-$2,800.  This was in California and the price includes FET, sales tax and tire tax.

We were in Trinidad, CA and needed new tires.  Of course, no tire dealer around had them in stock.  We went to Les Schwab and they had to order them and have them shipped directly from Michelin and there was an additional $100 charge for the freight.  The tires were to be delivered in 3-5 business days.  Long story short - freight company lost the first set of tires (how do you "lose" 6 tires weighing over 100 lbs. a piece? ???)  But it took a while for us to find that little fact out.  Tires had to be reordered and we were told we did not have to pay the freight and the tires would be delivered in 2 days.  Tires missed the truck out of Sacramento so they arrived in 4 days not 2.  Our planned one week stay in Trinidad turned into three weeks.  Les Schwab did give us a discount on the tires to help out with our extra expenses.  None of this was the fault of the folks at Les Schwab and we were very pleased with their service!!!  It seems the problems was with the freight company Michelin used.  (The price I gave you above does not reflect our discount nor any addtional freight charges).

The reason I tell you this is if the tires are not available in your area, you may have to wait for them.  If they have to be ordered, there may be an additional freight charge.

Hope this helps.

The last tires we purchased were Goodyear 275/70R22.5 H G670RV and cost just under $300/each, installed and balanced with Equal.  These were bought direct from Wingfoot in Phoenix and mounted on site at Freightliner.

Les Scwab has great service but they are more than a little high-priced, in my opinion. I recently got a quote from them on car tires and was astounded at the high prices. Went to Walmart instead, but that's not an option for big tires.

You should be able to get the larger tires sizes for around $300 each. And you should not have to pay any freight charges either - the retail price of a tire includes delivery to the dealer, but not taxes, state fees, mounting and balancing.

If you order online, then the price is FOB and you pay the shippingand everything else.

The price we pay for being on the road and needing tires!!  When we originally ordered the tires, we were told if we could wait a couple of weeks until the store ordered tires and ours could be added to their order, then we wouldn't need to pay for freight.  But to expedite and get the tires in 3-5 business days, there was a charge.  We figured the freight cost of $100 was less than an RV park for two additional weeks.  So, yes, RV Roamer, I would think that normally you would not pay freight if the tires are in stock or have time to wait on a special order.

I was also astounded, but after a few phone calls and and a few stops, here and there, I was able to find Road King 19.5x8r for $150 ea. (Tax, mounted, and bag balance) I understand they are real good tires and an offshoot from Goodyear.  Problem I had was finding a shop to balance, but not a big deal if you use the bags, and probably better off for it.  Hope this helps.

Randy

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom