Tire Questions for Class A

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dnash333

Just purchased a 1999 Coachmen Santara 3600 MBS. The tires are vintage 1998 ( original, I'm assuing ) and have 25K miles on them. The back ones look good and have good tread left and are smooth. The fronts have cupping and the coach vibrates some at certain speeds.

I have ordered new goodyear tires for the front and planned to leave the backs as is for now and see if the vibration goes away.

Anyone know guidlines for replacing tires like this regardless of how they look based on age?

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
The tires are 8 year old, at least, and I would replace them all.  The appearance of the tires means nothing, but the age does.  After 7 years, they're going to fail.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
All your tires need to be replaced because they are over 6 - 7 years old.  It is a very good idea to replace tires before they reach 7 years old regardless of how many miles are on them.  Tires setting in a warehouse with zero miles on them seven years old should not be used.  Tires age begins when they are manufactured not when they are installed.  One blow out can be more expensive to repair the resulting damage than a whole set of tires.  Running tires 7 or more years old is just asking for trouble and could put you and your family's safety in jeopardy.  I just replace all our tires on the Eagle in their 6th year since manufacture per the date code on the tire.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supportourtroops
Top Bottom