Tire sensors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! Such a hectic schedule.

I did not get around to clearing out and selling the house till after I had been on the road for 3 or more years. Came back after a trip and plodded along into the fall packing, eBaying, shredding, trashing on a much more relaxed schedule.

Stop by and share a cup of coffee if your route takes you through Des Moines. I hesitate to suggest overnighting here as you will likely pass by during state fair session (starts Aug 11) and all CGs will be full.

Smoky said:
The list of cat scales might be helpful.? The only one near my travels next week is the Hagerstown ones so I will call them today and see what they can offer.

Smoky,

Also check with any moving & storage companies in your area. Many of them have scales. I had a trailer weighed once for $5.00 at a United Van Lines yard.

Where I was working (Same job, office moved) the company across the street left their electronic truck scale on all night

It has a repeater readout outside the scale house

So, long about say 10 pm... You could just drive across the scale and read the 22,000 lbs (in the case of my rig)

For what it's worth---
This early (still dark) morning had a visit at the house with a local Police officer.
While chatting with him through the drivers window I noticed a warning msg on his dash--
TIRE PRESSURE LOW. Asked him about it and he said it's on all the time! Pump up the tires, but the warning doesn't disappear automatically-- some inconvenient do-hickey has to be manually re-set before the msg is cancelled-- and that only happens when the vehicle is in for other service.
Hope this gets sorted out before 2008 is upon us!
Regards from Memphis

Thanks Russ for the invite!  Our current route takes us across I90,north of you.  If we can we will try to skip down there, but unlikely as we are now 6 weeks behind our original schedule.  Eventually I am sure we will cross paths and I look forward to it. 

Smoky - currently parked in Wal-Mart, Frederick, MD

Smokey:"Thanks Russ for the invite!  Our current route takes us across I90,north of you"

Smart to get off of I-80 and avoid the dense traffic. See you in Quartzsite.

Yes DEFINITELY Quartzite if we don't catch you on our Western leg.

Smoky - currently parked at Granite Hills CG, Gettysburg PA and enjoying the hell out of the 3rd week of fulltiming.

blueblood said:
Yes, but dependent upon your MH length and design - you may have to install the optional antenna ($39) in order to reach your toad.

My car is all plastic, While the MH is parked I pull the Pressure Pro and put it in the car, currently the MHis parked 2 doors down (Lot there is wide enough I can park the mH and not block the drives) which makes it over 70 feed from the end of my drive, the car is in the drive say fifty feet off the road, and there is a house in between.

The attached antenna (Standard) can pick up and read the tire pressure on the MH from that distance, all six tires

Thanks Russ for the invite!  Our current route takes us across I90,north of you.  If we can we will try to skip down there, but unlikely as we are now 6 weeks behind our original schedule.  Eventually I am sure we will cross paths and I look forward to it. 

Smoky:

We are in Moses Lake Washington on our way back to Seattle. On our way to Maine we traveled I-90 as far As Albert Lea, MN to see one of Sue's nieces who lives near there. I-90 from about 25 miles east of Sioux Falls, SD to the Mississippi is the worst road we have traveled in years! A real dishpan that beat us to death.

We returned via I-94 from Chicago west that was a nice drive but if you need to use I-90 I'd suggest stopping by Russ's and then running north to Sioux Falls on I-29. Anything to avoid eastern Minnesota on I-90.

Have a good trip, we pulled out of Sam's Camp this morning after a great visit with Ron and Sam.

We pulled into Moses Lake, WA this evening after taking the Pressure Pro system Bernie sold us out for a 7500 mile test drive to Maine and back. <G>

This afternoon I noticed a rear tire on our toad was about two pounds lower than the other tires. Temps in the 90's here so pressures were well above cold inflation values.

About an hour ago, three hours after shutting down the Pressure Pro alarm went off. That tire has a slow leak after 30 days of traveling that I will deal with in the morning before leaving.

Great system for peace of mind!

Jeff:

That is disheartening to hear about I90.  I80 is equally as bad however.

What is it with these "dishpan" interstates out west?  Are they having highway repair budget difficulties?

Smoky - currently parked at Granite Hills CG, Gettysburg PA and enjoying the hell out of the 4th week of fulltiming.

What is it with these "dishpan" interstates out west?

I think you and Jeff probably mean "washboard" rather than "dishpan"?

I don't think the problem is a strictly a western one. Michigan is infamous for poor highway maintenance, especially interstates. I86 is southern NY is another washboard (or was the last time I drove and swore never again!) and I10 in western Louisianna and east Texas is another bad stretch.  I80 in PA used to be truly awful - don't know if that is still the case.

Some of the older interstates (vintage of the late 60's and 70's) have been literally beat to death and desparately need to be completely rebuilt. Money is one big factor but traffic is another - in many cases there simply are no alternate routes capable of handling the traffic load. Shutting down a major highway to rebuild it is a major impact.  We all want better roads, but don't want to be inconvenienced to have them built or re-built.

Jeff

Thanks for the PressurePro plug ;D  Sorry we missed you at Sam's camp, your space was still warm, we pulled in the next day ;D ;D

Back
Top Bottom