Tires?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwe

I'm in need of replacing 4tires, rear dually. The size I need 8.75 x 16.5, but all I've been seeing, they are described as, trailer tires , even when described as highway, high mileage, 10ply, etc etc.
May I use those on my vintage 1974 Dodge, Brougham class C ? ? ?

I'm in need of replacing 4tires, rear dually. The size I need 8.75 x 16.5, but all I've been seeing, they are described as, trailer tires , even when described as highway, high mileage, 10ply, etc etc.
May I use those on my vintage 1974 Dodge, Brougham class C ? ? ?
No, trailers travel on the highway, accrue the same amount of miles as the TV and 10 ply refers to the load rating ( 10=E). Trailer tires are not designed for grip and traction.

Reactions: dwe
Since 16½ inch tires and rims fell out of use in the late 1970's there is little demand for tires to fit these rims. When you do get some, expect them to have manufacture dated that are 2 or 3 years past. Odd tires like these are made in batches and not made again until there is more demand for them.

If your RV is in good condition and you expect to keep it for a good while, start seeking out a set of 16 inch rims that will fit. The vintage forum on iRV2 will have some people familiar with this.

The little bit I did find was the 1985-1998 Ford F-350 rims are probably the same lug pattern.

Charles

Well said , Charles, I thought that the late '70's was pretty much end of the line for that size, nice to hear that, my thoughts aren't always very correct

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabianonetto
Back
Top Bottom