TIVO Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
I am having a new problem with DTV DVR.

After 20-30 minutes the audio slowly gets out of sync with the video and will eventually interrupt the audio for a few seconds to re-sync. Continues doing this and if we are recording a long session will eventually mute volume. Changing channels for a second re-syncs and everything is fine for a half hour or so????

Have been parked in the clear since this started happening.

Will be moving out to the coast this weekend for three days and will find out if location is the culprit.

Anyone had this occur?

Any ideas?

Is this happening when watching live TV or just on playback?  If the latter, then it has nothing to do with your location but is something internal to the DVR.  Check the system info and see what the temperature is.  DVRs can have problems if they run too hot.  If the temp is over 60C, then heat may be your problem.  It could also be a hard drive failing.

Ned said:
Is this happening when watching live TV or just on playback?  If the latter, then it has nothing to do with your location but is something internal to the DVR.  Check the system info and see what the temperature is.  DVRs can have problems if they run too hot.  If the temp is over 60C, then heat may be your problem.  It could also be a hard drive failing.

While we are watching live TV. I'll check the temp tonight.

I thought of the hard drive except playbacks are perfect, even playing back the session that lost it's sync. ??? ???

Jeff /Washington said:
I thought of the hard drive except playbacks are perfect, even playing back the session that lost it's sync. ??? ???

Then the problem was during live viewing, not playback?

In that case, I have no idea.  I've never seen that happen.  You might try the TIVO community forums, http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/ to see if there are any other similar reports.

Thanks Ned.

We are going out to the coast this weekend so I'll wait and try it there to make sure it isn't a reception issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom