to flip or not to flip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tvfrfireguy

I just purchased a 2004 32 ft. Alpenlite fifth wheel with extended pin box.  My tow vehicle is a 2500 sliverado HD 4x4.  With the hitch in the lowest set of holes, I have 5 and a half inches of clearance between the 5er and the bed rails.  I plan to put suspension air bags on the Chev due to heavy weight and squatting of vehicle.  If I do this, it then will make the front of the 5er higher than the back.  What are my options.  I hope one of you has the same rig and can steer me straight.  Thank you for any help,  David

Hi, I have a 2500 4x4 duamax with a 6 inch lift and 35 inch tires that we tow a 25 ft boat or a 27 ft TT with. The TT has the axle flipped making it more compatible ( and off roadable ) Even with a 1100# tongue weight it tows great. (Lift kit was a CST, rear end uses Deaver 6 in lift  springs since I don't like blocks.) You should do fine with the axle flip. Hope it helps?

erwin

Thanks for the input.  I don't need much in height and I heard someone say that you can put larger shackles on the springs instead of doing the flip.  I'm sure it's obvious, I'm no mechanic but would like to know all the options available.  Thanks again,  Dave

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom