Toad fuse swtich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billwild

Everytime I tow our Honda CRV the manual says to pull the radio fuse to prevent the battery from draining. I have read on this site that there is a fuse switch a person can buy to help turn off rather than pull that very hard to reach fuse. Does anyone know where a fuse switch could be purchased?

Thanks,  Bill

I got an Toad Charge put on my CRV.  You can buy the part online and install yourself if you are handy with wiring.  An RV dealer will charge about $150 and 1 hr labor.
http://www.lslproducts.com/ToadChargePage.html

Thank you John and Robin for your responses.  Robin, I believe that is exactly what I am looking for. I will order one.

Thank you again

I installed the toad charge system for my CRV too.  Works great!  No more worries about depleted battery.  No trying to find a fuse to pull or switch to flip.  On that note, I found that the only time my battery got depleted (before I put the toad charge in) was when I forgot to take the climate control and headlights out of auto.  Need to set them to OFF so they don't try to come on as you're pulling your toad.  I felt like a real Bonehead when I figured that out!  ::)

Gordon

Yes, I installed it myself.  The directions and parts included were both very complete, down to wire ties.  Not a difficult job if you're handy.  It's well designed with fused protection, current control, and isolation so it's a safe set up.  Never have to worry about my CRV battery again!

Gordon

You can purchase the items required for six or seven dollars if you don't feel like spending fifty bucks.

Well I did go with the Fuse switch from RV-Parts Plus and I have just installed it. Intallation took  some time but it works as advertised and I am happy with it. Thanks to Rob at RV-Parts Plus for his excellent customer service.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom