Toads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b777

Can someone give me a list  of best flat towable vehicles out there? under 5000lbs preferable as i will be using a class c to tow,thanks in advance

The best source for info on towables is the Dinghy Guide put out by Motorhome magazine:  http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/

Thanks DandS,that was a really helpful suggestion,Cheers

Certainly, there are many choices.  I too have a Class C and it's an older one but in fine condition.  I plan to keep it and keep traveling, so the question of "Toad or no?" was satisfied Saturday with the purchace of a Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS (basic model) with Manual Transmission to further my horizons both in years and distance.  The Honda Fit was my alternative low weight option at about 2600 lbs.  Lots of pluses to both cars.  Small, light weight, gas milage, mechanical and safety features, reviews and warrantees, etc. etc.  Not luxury but quality I think will turn out to be a 'great' toad.
ron

I prefer an automatic transmission so chose the Honda CR-V...based on discussions with service department managers and the reading owner's manuals.  The next best appeared to be a Saturn. 

I found a copy of the motorhome magazine TOAD guides in PDF form online using google a couple of months ago, though it only went back about 10 years. There are copies of various years of the guide online in places, I think the roadmaster site has a copy of the 2013 guide fore example.

You should stay well below that 5000# mark for the vehicle... If you're like the rest of us, you'll pack the TOAD full of gear, thus adding more weight... Also don't forget the hitch and mounting hardwear.. That can add up too... I bought an old Suzuki Samurai 4WD (comes in handy exploring the desert or back roads) that weighs less than 2100#s and a light weight tow bar...
Butch

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom