Toilet light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Posts
18,135
Location
St Cloud Florida USA
I bought a great toilet light and I have been using it for the past month. I am very happy with it. As an old man I have the usual problems with having to get up and pee in the middle of the night several times. It is annoying to have to turn on the bathroom light and blind myself early in the morning. So I discovered this toilet light for only $8 on Amazon. It takes three AA batteries and is a motion sensors LED that cycles through a rainbow of colors. Definitely easier on my eyes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077YH8P5C/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
 

Attachments

  • Toilet light.jpg
    Toilet light.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 57
The topic title reminded me of a tent camping trip to Lake Mille Lacs. On a middle of the night trip to the outhouse, I saw a glow inside the vault toilet. Someone had dropped a small flashlight in it. Made it easier on us using it the rest of the night. :D
 
cadee2c said:
The topic title reminded me of a tent camping trip to Lake Mille Lacs. On a middle of the night trip to the outhouse, I saw a glow inside the vault toilet. Someone had dropped a small flashlight in it. Made it easier on us using it the rest of the night. :D

;D ;D ;D Maybe we should all invest in some of those glow sticks..Anything to make the word a little nicer.
 
cadee2c said:
The topic title reminded me of a tent camping trip to Lake Mille Lacs. On a middle of the night trip to the outhouse, I saw a glow inside the vault toilet. Someone had dropped a small flashlight in it. Made it easier on us using it the rest of the night. :D
That reminds me of the first time I went tent camping at the Grand Canyon. I arrived at Mather campground in the middle of the night and I set up my tent. I was feeling sick and eventually I had to use the bathroom. It took me a while of wandering around to find the restrooms. Then when I was done I had no clue where I parked my tent. I must have wandered the campground for a half a hour before finally stumbling into my tent.
 
My step son has one at his home. First time I saw it I thought it was neat, Thanks for bring up it's use for an RV.
 
I too dislike the blinding light in the middle of the night and have been looking for a solution. The overhead light is great when everyone is awake, but in the middle of the night, it's too bright and ruins night vision.
I put a night light in the kitchen area so I can see in the rest of the camper, however the bathroom needs it own night light. I like your idea, but would rather have something hardwired.
 
I too have an "aiming light" like Seilerbird's and use it nightly.  It's been functioning for two years on the original batteries.

But how difficult would it be to wire and mount a small LED, like a pilot light, in the 12v light switch panel?  It would help locate the switch on those occasions when we really want to find the switch.  It could also provide added subtle illumination to the room.

 

Attachments

  • light switch panel.jpg
    light switch panel.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 13
I just strapped a laser scope to myself and now I never miss.  The problem now is that I have created a reputation for myself that I cannot follow through on.  :'( :p


But in all seriousness a light can make the difference and motion sensitive is nice.
 
Since us older folks tend to be up at odd hours for various reasons, we began to keep a nightlight in the bathroom both at home & RV, but the bowl itself always seems to be in shadow. The bowl light is a dandy solution for that. Our cat often drinks from the bowl and sets off the motion sensor.
 
Thank you for this idea - we are getting one!  I, too, have issues being blinded at night and at my age I am in that room frequently.   
 
Gizmo100 said:
;D ;D ;D Maybe we should all invest in some of those glow sticks..Anything to make the word a little nicer.

This is actually a thing!  We go to several music festivals.  The port-o-lets can get REALLY dark at night.  At a couple of the events, there is a group of ladies that go around and drop one small glowstick into the each of the urinals.  I didn't realize it was intentional until I was just about to enter oneright at dusk and a woman gave me one and asked me to drop it into the urinal. 

What a great idea!  Personally, I always have a light with me, but it seems that many men aren't as considerate.  The glowstick is just enough to know where to aim, and it greatly reduces the amount of "missing" by men.  This is beneficial to both men and women - guys don't get any splashback, and ladies get a cleaner potty.  Surprisingly simple and effective.

I hope this wasn't too raw.  No offense intended.  Just thought it was a pretty brilliant idea. 
 
I bought a 3 pack of night lights at Costco like the one Seilerbird described. They plug into an outlet and do not come on until motion is detected. Then they go through an array of colors and finally turning back off. A simple wave of the hand and they come back on. If you lose power they automatically come on bright white until power is restored. I went back and bought another pack for bathrooms and hallways in the sticks and bricks and bathroom in the TT.
 
martin2340 said:
I bought a 3 pack of night lights at Costco like the one Seilerbird described. They plug into an outlet and do not come on until motion is detected. Then they go through an array of colors and finally turning back off. A simple wave of the hand and they come back on. If you lose power they automatically come on bright white until power is restored. I went back and bought another pack for bathrooms and hallways in the sticks and bricks and bathroom in the TT.

Costco-eh? I'll have to go check.
 
SeilerBird said:
I bought a great toilet light and I have been using it for the past month. I am very happy with it. As an old man I have the usual problems with having to get up and pee in the middle of the night several times. It is annoying to have to turn on the bathroom light and blind myself early in the morning. So I discovered this toilet light for only $8 on Amazon. It takes three AA batteries and is a motion sensors LED that cycles through a rainbow of colors. Definitely easier on my eyes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077YH8P5C/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wow, never had thought of that.. I just found similar light on ebay, it has also magnetic line so I can put wherever I need light! Thanks for the idea!
 
Try www.mrbeams.com.  We have some for outside doors, stairs, entryway, garden, etc.  MB720 series
 
Back
Top Bottom