Toilet water line connection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwwebster76

So I guess gym days are going better than expected, or 7 year old plastic is more brittle than expected... :)
I needed to disconnect the toilet water line and when I went to put it back on, the plastic screw cap broke off. I replaced the plastic screw cap with the wrong size, and now can't get the wrong size off. Good grief.
What could/should I do to replace this? I have heard others talk about putting a water valve between the toilet and the sink for better control. Now would be a good time for that, I guess. Please let me know if these pictures help or if I can explain things better. The grey screw cap is what I replaced that is the wrong size. The last picture is something from Amazon. Would that work?

Thank you!

Attachments

• PXL_20220815_181935733.jpg
    PXL_20220815_181935733.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20220815_181919405.jpg
    PXL_20220815_181919405.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 16
  • toilet rv.jpg
    toilet rv.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 16
I am trying to figure out what cap broke? Is the blue in the second picture the water line to the toilet? Did you put the wrong size fitting on that blue line, or........?

Sorry! The blue line in the second pic is the water line to the toilet. The grey screw on cap is what I replaced, as the old one was what broke. Unfortunately, the new cap is 1/4" too large for the threads and now I can get the new cap off, as it is held in place by a plastic snap washer that I can't remove. So just imagine the grey cap is actually white and broken... (I realize how I sound!)

You either need another elbow which is the easiest route or you can cut the gray cap off but that has to be done without damaging the elbow. If the cap was that brittle I would imagine the rest is too. Why try to fix something that is due to join the cap that broke?

The toilet probably a NPT 1/2 inch connector. Home toilets use a 7/8 connector.
If the pex is 1/2 inch this is what you need.
1660696361224.png
You can also buy a 1/2 inch pex ball valve
1660696507054.png

Back
Top Bottom