Tonight's "Campfire" chat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John From Detroit

I am not sure if I'm going to make it to tonight's campfire.  My parish priest passed to the Fullness of life Sunday about 2am, tonight is hte Rosary (7pm eastern time) and I'm not sure if I'll get home in tome for chat.

Just so you all know.

That's the sad news

The other side of that coin is darling daughter flew home for the funeral as well (She was very active as a youth in the church, and has performed as a professional musician in the church, I'm active in the parish council and we both sing/sang in Chior)

The problem with getting older.... Too many funerals

Though some day that will end, (Hopefully not for a long time yet) Yes, there is one funeral I really would rather not attend, In fact, I very strongly suspect I'll be Late to that funeral

John,

Somehow I feel you will find a way of not only writing, but delivering, your own eulogy.

May you out live us all,  lou

I don't know about writing my own eulogy (Though I do know how I can deliver it... That's no trick, As I type this I'm watching a recorded video, anyone can do it)

But I do know I really do not like going to funerals.  Even when people tell me I sing well.. And the music director is taking requests from teh parish's assoicate pastor who is conducting the service, and he does not have the music but memory strikes and I find I do have it.. In my chior bag, in the church, right where it's needed, not 20 feet from the music director.  Oh well

Next issue with the parish is the funeral itself.. Won't be the first time my daughter's met the Archbishop of Detroit, will be for me as I get to sing again (This time with a bit of warning and not digging the sheet music out of my bag for the keyboardist)

Then it will be waiting to find out who our new pastor will be.  This will be interesting.  Our parish is a bit. ur, different.

Did anyone make it to last nite's campfire? I was there from 6 PM to 6:15 PM and no one else showed up.

Snow knocked us offline about 6 and Mike was disinclined to climb on the roof to wipe it off.....you know, if we had it on the tripod, he could have just gone out and wiped it off......

BernieD said:
Did anyone make it to last nite's campfire? I was there from 6 PM to 6:15 PM and no one else showed up.

Yes, I did, around 8:16 PM Texas time and I did see you as being logged in, Bernie. But I'll bet that you were on the way to getting logged out!!! We received a phone message from Bob Maxwell on Jack's cell phone last evening BUT didn't see it until today as Jack's cell phone was out in the Jeep. Bob was out of town and had continuing problems logging onto the Campfire and then staying logged on.

Regards,
Jack and Liz

Liz

Sorry we missed. Hopefully next week.

Wendy

Tell Mike to get one of those deicing cords that people put in their gutters. Then he'll only have to flip a switch instead of climbing on the roof. ;D

There may have been something wrong with the software, I did log in when I got home and Steve was there, however if you simply close your browser to log out it can take a while before the room shows you gone (type "/quit" without the quotes, on a line by itself, starting in the first position to exit properly)

Jack/Liz showed up just before Steve's ID dropped off but never responded to a hello, this leads me to think the software messed up yet again.  oh well, as has been said, better luck next week.

Funeral was interesting, standard service (Well, the ArchBishop was officiating, over 30 priests and bishops (including the Cardinal) at the alter, Old choir members showed up so we had a full choir,  Lots of congregation singing as well.  Two hours for the service plus graveside plus reception plus taking darling daughter to airport so she could fly back home... I just now made it Online (Almost 7pm)

I'm tired

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom