Too Much Trailer; Too Little Truck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This will be a good photo to link to when some newby comes in and tries to convince everyone his underpowered SUV or half ton will do the job.

SeilerBird said:
This will be a good photo to link to when some newby comes in and tries to convince everyone his underpowered SUV or half ton will do the job.

Underpowered? Hey, he managed to make it across the median into opposing traffic! Must have taken a fair bit of power to do that. ?

Frank B said:
Underpowered? Hey, he managed to make it across the median into opposing traffic! Must have taken a fair bit of power to do that. ?
I don't see any damage in that center barrier-- perhaps he just spun out, which would have the trailer turning him every way but loose.

The pic does not show 100' up the road. Perhaps he crossed there? Or, perhaps you are right. However, you surely caught the humor in my comment, right?

In any case, it is indeed a good reminder of weights and balances.  Unless he got hit by a freak tornado just out of the frame? ;-)

Wow. We pulled north through there just an hour before that picture was taken!  (Assuming that was mile 404 just north of Alachua, Fla).  At least tv is upright. Hope nobody was hurt.

Larry N. said:
I don't see any damage in that center barrier-- perhaps he just spun out, which would have the trailer turning him every way but loose.

Ah, I see....  The smartphone smiley faces that show just fine on my phone and tablet DO NOT SHOW in the forum software ON MY LAPTOP.  Guess I'll have to go back to using the 'forum approved' smiley faces.

Sorry if my initial post appeared to be serious.  :)

Maybe, some yahoo cut him off and he had to lock em up and swerve to avoid rear ending someone?
Or maybe he was texting and driving?

I love how everyone jumps to the conclusion he was overloaded.  :eek:

Hanr3 said:
Maybe, some yahoo cut him off and he had to lock em up and swerve to avoid rear ending someone?
Or maybe he was texting and driving?

I love how everyone jumps to the conclusion he was overloaded.  :eek:
I did not say he was overloaded. This photo just demonstrates what can happen if you are overloaded.

I don't know if it was overloaded, but it looks to long for the TV.

I?m a bit surprised that the truck is still attached.  Testament to the trailer tongue and truck hitch engineering. We had a trailer come loose near me a couple years ago with a resulting fatality....

We drove past this yesterday on our way to Orlando. Glad that I was Southbound. Traffic was backed up for a couple of miles.

Probably Spring Breakers.  I'm glad to see TV upright as well.  Certainly looks long for that SUV, and because I pull a 21' TT with a YukonXL, and I am very familiar with what the newer SUVs max out at, I will say that that is very much more than that TV should have behind it. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom