Took the Leap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DMurNF

Few weeks ago my wife called me at work and said take these days off from work we are buying a travel trailer and going away. Fast forward a few days and we are the owners of a 30ft TT with big ambitions. After a test run over a weekend in early April close to home myself, my wife, 2 kids and a dog are off for 11 days down and back up the East coast. My wife grew up camping, however, I did not. This is all new and learning as I go. Looking forward to reading the forum and getting some tips from the pros. Any advice is welcomed!

That is quite the exciting way to get going! There is alot to learn & this is a great place to start.
Welcome to the forum!

Thanks! And you're right - alot of info. Have to get into it and read it. I have a few questions but I want to search the boards to see if it was already asked before I flood the message board with repeat asks. And I've found that YouTube is my friend. That said can't wait for the weather to warm up to de-winterize it and get going on our adventures.

Welcome to the Forum D.

Can I get a Big, "Go Cowboys", On 3? 1, 2, ....

Only joking. Congrats to the Bills on Getting back being a contender. That Young QB Josh Allen, you guys have is a Real threat. Hopefully he stays healthy running that ball the way he does.

As Far as RVn goes, You have come to the Right place Brother.

All, the Legends of RVn hang out here. I subscribe to the thoughts and tips of many here. Nothing beats Experience.

Some new RVrs sharing some of their smarts too.

A nice descript, concise question with pics and you will be on your way to Repair Success, or have a solution to Operator Head Space.

Your Adventure awaits.

Burn a lifetime of Great Memories into those Children's minds! I am almost 60 and I can not tell you how many times in my adult life I thought of something that happened on that Trip from Texas to Washington DC (I was 11 yrs old) with Dad's old Caddy and the Starcraft Pop Up Trailer. The memories still make me smile.

JD

Welcome Aboard - Your wife is a "keeper." Kudos to you on your ability to follow instructions from the minister of finance and home affairs.

Lots of folks come here and are in analysis paralysis. Cool beans for pulling the trigger.

Have fun!

Awesome! That's a slightly different scenario than the solid year that I regularly researched/shopped/learned (a lot of it on this forum) before buying my first one, but it sounds like your wife probably had the inside track on some of the purchase decision. :)

Congratulations! I suggest your wife also join the Forum if she hasn't already done so. Every Wednesday night we have a live chat. We'd love to have you both join us. We have lots of ladies who chime in.

The weekends close by is a good start, but honestly, please do the first night in your own driveway.
Matt

Back
Top Bottom