Top Toss - Great RVing game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

The Admiral and I have been looking for a year for an RV game we could both enjoy and with visitors as well.  I like cards but she doesn't.  Neither of us like dominoes or Mexican Trains.  Horeshoes too cumbersome. 

A year ago when we first started RVing I remembered seeing a game being played beside a motorhome at Cherry Hill Park in Wash DC.  At first just a few people were there.  It caught my attention.  Within minutes a large crowd gathered.  The owners invited people to play on a challenge basis.  For the next two days it became the main activity in the campground.

We have always looked for the game but could never find it.

This winter we saw a primitive version of it a fellow made using PVC tubing and golf balls.  But it was not quite the same.

Last week we walk into Camping World and there it was.  Only one of them left on the shelf so we grabbed it.

You flip these bolos about 10 feet or so and try to get them to wrap around horizontal rods.  Top rod is 3 points, middle rod 2 points, bottom rod 1 point.  You play to 21 and winner must be ahead by at least 2 points. 

There is also an advance game that adds points for additonal rope wraps.  We are content to play the basic game.  Been raining last two days and I cannot wait to get back at the Admiral for revenge.  She beat me both games we played, even though I snuck the game out and practiced for an hour beforfe she saw me.  Grrrr.  :mad:

Photo is from box cover.  Will try to get a live photo this week after I win.  ;D

Attachments

• toptoss7jun06.jpg
    toptoss7jun06.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 59
We have been playing this game for a couple of years now.  It's especially nice when we are camping and the weather doesn't permit us to take the boat out.  We have 2 sets of this game, one for the adults that I made out of PVC and golf balls, and a set we bought for the kids that has a softer ball.  We've heard many names for this game, such as Bolo, Norwegian Golf, and Ladder Golf.  It is great for all ages...move the "ladders" closer together for the kids, farther apart for adults.

nodak

Aye guys it is a lot of fun.  The Top Toss game came complete with a carrying bag and two sets of different colored bolos and was only $19.  Cheaper than it would have cost me to make the game with pvc and golf balls.  I plan to bring it to the next QZ rally.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom