Tow Brake Systems /

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve & Leslie's Patriot

Can any one tell me were I should take my 1996 Beaver Patriot and 2005 Jeep Wangler to get a tow braking system installed ,Is Campinging World a good place, They only do roadmaster. Is the Roadmaster Bake Master 9100 series any good  :-\

I previously bought the Roadmaster BrakePro and it was a disaster. I finally returned it and bought the M&G air brake system. If you can handle a few tools and don't mind getting your hands dirty, you can install the M&G system yourself. Click here for an explanation of various toad braking systems.

Do you have a local RV Repair shop that might do an installation for you? OTOH if you buy it at Camping World there shouldn't be any reason to have them install it.

daves patriot said:
Tom I like the M&G System but I heard If I put it on my jeep it would void the warranty

There are a lot of Jeeps with the M&G system.  From my understanding the only way installing the M&G system would void the warranty would be if the M&G caused a failure.

daves patriot said:
...I heard If I put it on my jeep it would void the warranty

Dave,

That's the first time I've heard that. Do you have a source for that statement?

Dave, Tom, Ron, et al...

Many manufacturers will say that aftermarket parts will void the warranty. That's just their way of CYA'ssing and, until someone actually challenges them in a court of law, the myth is perptuated. Fact is, the manufacturer must prove that the added part(s) were the cause of the failure before they can void the warranty.

I've been towing using the Luxor braking system by Blue Ox for two years and it's great and I just take it out when I'm not traveling. There worth a look.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom