Tow car and motorcycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davem1958

I have a new HR Vacationer, and have yet to decide on how to tow my 2005 Honda Civic.? I'm pretty sure I need a tow dolly.? I've seen ads for a tow dolly that can handle a motorcycle and a car at once, for example http://www.motorcyclecarrier.net/rv_tow_dolly.html.

Anyone have experience with this product?? I haven't seen it in use, so I'm wondering if it's practical.? Looks to be longer than your typical tow dolly, such as the Kar Kaddy.

I'd also like to hear from anyone who has solved this problem some other way...

Dave

Never seen one, however I make the following observations

1: if you are towing with a Class A, observe maximum vehicle length.. You may be close

2: That's a lot of weight on the hitch

3:  I know of at least a dozen RV parks where the rules prohibit Motorcycles.  I do know why, (Outlaw bikes w/o baffales in the mufflers disturb residents) but they apply the rule to ALL bikers, even a nice quiet GoldWing

John, thanks for the feedback.  Several good points there...

Of course, I wouldn't want to stay anywhere they didn't allow motorcycles.  :)

Dave

So far none of the places we have been object to a scooter. Very little noise, and easy to haul on the rear rail mount.

Jack.

Jack, can you be more specific on the scooter?  What rigging do you need to haul a scooter / bike on the rear rail?  I know Blue Ox has several options, but that's about all I know.

dave

Dave just ordered a Blue ox Sports Lift II GREAT carrier will handle a bike up to 1,000lbs. and is electric. Can not wate to get it installed. Check it out.

Back
Top Bottom