Tow dolly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

57FordGuy

We just bought a used tow dolly. The owner never titled it, so I didn't get a title either. Just a bill of sale. Is getting a tow dolly tagged necessary?

Glenn in TN

A title is required in some states? Is that right?
When I sold my 2006 pop-up in 2022, I couldn't find the title. I went through all the aggravation of getting a NJ DMV appointment during the peak of Covod only to be told that it didn't need one

I never even considered registering the Trailer Toad, which is a kind of Dolly for a trailer. It was never an issue anywhere.

Attachments

• rtoad.jpg
    rtoad.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 4
  • rtoad20151013_110955.jpg
    rtoad20151013_110955.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20151013_181454.jpg
    20151013_181454.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 4
As MrLars says, some yes, some no - BUT;
We recently moved from Florida to Tennessee. FL didn't issue titles, only bill of sale. I was required to get title here in TN. It wasn't much problem but did require a bit of extra paperwork (since I bought it in 2000 and didn't still have the original sales receipt) which the local clerks office helped with.
Here in TN tags on trailers are not required but the surrounding states do require them so my trailers all have tags.

As MrLars says, some yes, some no - BUT;
We recently moved from Florida to Tennessee. FL didn't issue titles, only bill of sale. I was required to get title here in TN. It wasn't much problem but did require a bit of extra paperwork (since I bought it in 2000 and didn't still have the original sales receipt) which the local clerks office helped with.
Here in TN tags on trailers are not required but the surrounding states do require them so my trailers all have tags.
Since I'm in TN, this is good information. I bought this in the Memphis area, but I'll take the bill of sale to the clerks office in Gatlinburg. Thx.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom