Tow vehicle shocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wasy

Hello fellow forumers,
I am searching for new shock suggestions for my ram 2500. Do you have any that you would care to share? Thanks in advance from sunny -7 below western PA this a m.

You can't go wrong with top quality brand names like Bilstein, KYB, or Koni. I put heavy duty Monroe truck shocks (rear ones have coil springs) on my full frame Durango. Work great for me, but a little harsh on the bumps when not towing which I expected.

You can't go wrong with top quality brand names like Bilstein, KYB, or Koni. I put heavy duty Monroe truck shocks (rear ones have coil springs) on my full frame Durango. Work great for me, but a little harsh on the bumps when not towing which I expected.
Thanks IB, I’ll consider those

I have a '03 RAM 2500 Cummins, rear wheel drive, not 4x4. The front end weighs over 4000 lbs. When I bought it in 2018 one of the front shocks was leaking and neither had any resistance when you held them and pushed/pulled them in and out. I replaced all of the shocks with KYB Mono Max as I have had luck with them in the past. I have not been real happy with them on the front as it still seems like it doesn't have enough shock on it yet. As I am having the replace the upper control arms/ball joints, due to rubber boot deterioration, I went ahead and ordered a set of Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks for the front (I'm OK with the KYB back shocks).

Charles

I have a '03 RAM 2500 Cummins, rear wheel drive, not 4x4. The front end weighs over 4000 lbs. When I bought it in 2018 one of the front shocks was leaking and neither had any resistance when you held them and pushed/pulled them in and out. I replaced all of the shocks with KYB Mono Max as I have had luck with them in the past. I have not been real happy with them on the front as it still seems like it doesn't have enough shock on it yet. As I am having the replace the upper control arms/ball joints, due to rubber boot deterioration, I went ahead and ordered a set of Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks for the front (I'm OK with the KYB back shocks).

Charles
Thanks for your input

Charles
As with other things kBB makes several different shocks. May early you simply got the wrong ones for your application.
For the OP. There are several onlne retailers that if you contact them giving them your desires, needs, wants etc and let them help you in a choice.

Back
Top Bottom