Tow vehicles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From what i understand Rob was just driving and a LEO came from the other way and turned around presumably because he was in Idaho with no front plate as we dont have them in Alberta, cop pulls him over and noticed he had a f250 with a large toy hauler.
I think your friend Rob is jerking your chain. Idaho is a tourist state with many vehicles from all over the country that don't have front license plates. You just don't get pulled over for no front plate. If LE pulled over cars for no front plate, that's all they would be doing. They would have no time for anything else. There are thousands of them. NM does not have front plates and I was all over Idaho this summer with no issues. Just don't add up.

I think your friend Rob is jerking your chain. Idaho is a tourist state with many vehicles from all over the country that don't have front license plates. You just don't get pulled over for no front plate. If LE pulled over cars for no front plate, that's all they would be doing. They would have no time for anything else. There are thousands of them. NM does not have front plates and I was all over Idaho this summer with no issues. Just don't add up.
Ive known Rob for 30 yrs and i agree he has never told the whole story but a liar hes not but im sure he didnt tell me everything either and i know there was a fine but i dont know how much

Last edited:
Found this test of the 7.3 Ford F250. 16,000# on the Gauntlet. This pretty much confirms that in the 30 to 33' 5th wheel range you will be fine. For example, a Montana 35' 3120RL has a dry weight of just over 12,000 and a max weight of 16,000.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom