Towing 2012 Chevy Cruze (automatic) with tow bar attached to motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LauraB

Hello:

I am a newcomer to your website.  I currently own a 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4 that we tow behind our motorhome using a tow bar (all four wheels on ground).  I was brought to your website when I did on Google search looking for info. on towing a Chevy Cruze using the same method as above.  I am thinking of buying a Cruze and am wondering if the 2012 models are towable with no problems.  Any help you can give would be appreciated.  Thank you.  Laura

The Cruze CAN NOT be safely towed with all 4 wheels on the ground. I lost the transmission in a 2011 model and GM gave me a new 2012 Malibu even trade. I haven't had any problem towing the Malibu. However, a deer ran into me and caused $1600 of damage ;D. Check the user's manual on towing.

Thank you, Wayne!  I will be looking at the Malibu then.  It doesn't matter what year Malibu it is, right?  Also, the transmission type doesn't matter either, I would assume......

I had two Malibu's, a 2000 and a 2003 and had no problems. I of course now have the 2012 with no problems. I was told by GM that ALL of the Malibu's are flat toable. Be sure to look in the owners manual for confirmation. The 2013 model may be different. GM was very cooperative in solving the problem. They gave me a new 2012 with a MSRP of about $24K while the 2011 Cruze had a MSRP of less than $20K.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom