Towing a 5th wheel on a regular tow-behind ball hitch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It sounds to me as though turkeylady only wants to move the 5W once in awhile, i.e. not routinely towing it. Maybe just moving to another RV park once or twice a year. Probably has no regular need for a truck big enough to handle that fiver. Something like the trailer toad would work, but it's not cheap and she would still need a truck to use it. Hiring somebody with a truck already set up for 5W towing seems like a better solution, both for cost and safety.

I watched the one I saw and if I had a small vehicle I might look into this. Takes the weight off the truck and transfers it to the wheels under the pin. I love my F350 so not a chance I would need one.

Great write up on the hitch. Pretty well what the owner I saw said, he & wife full time. He had the bed of his 3/4 tom full of stuff with a tonneau cover. I can see it's advantage for full time, you can have more of your things with the added cargo space.

Thank you to the folks who had something helpful to say. The information has been very insightful, thank you.
Frankly I'm just curious. Ya'll know nothing about my intentions but are happy to speculate and laugh about how stupid you seem to think I must be.

Hopefully I won't have any more RV questions and won't have to come back here, for a few more years at least. e_e

I know what the trolls will say to that (cause they're that predictable of a breed), but hey, they don't like people calling them out on their crap behavior, so of course they'll insult me and act out, get the last word. Makes em feel special I guess.

Thank you to the folks who had something helpful to say. The information has been very insightful, thank you.
Frankly I'm just curious. Ya'll know nothing about my intentions but are happy to speculate and laugh about how stupid you seem to think I must be.

Hopefully I won't have any more RV questions and won't have to come back here, for a few more years at least. e_e

I know what the trolls will say to that (cause they're that predictable of a breed), but hey, they don't like people calling them out on their crap behavior, so of course they'll insult me and act out, get the last word. Makes em feel special I guess.
some of us actually want to help. I reread your question and I would just buy a truck setup for the goose neck, simplest way to go as long as your buying a tow vehicle any way. Why mess with some bumper pull adaptor that may or may not work. If something like that did work I'm sure someone here would have seen it.

Well, I don't know if we'll ever know your intentions, or why you want to do this, other than just curiosity. Sorry the post kinda went south on you. My response to the question would by yes, it can be done. But it just doesn't seem reasonable to do it. But my bigger thing is, I am having a bit of a time seeing a 24' 5th wheel with a 12,000 pound dry weight. That is more than my 30' Wildcat GVWR, and easily at least 1200 pounds more than what I typically tow. What kind of trailer is it? Just curious.

This thread reminded me of an episode of Amos & Andy where Kingfish rented a travel trailer and tried to pull it with a cushman eagle scooter :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom