Towing a TT with a lifted TV...question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roman11

Newbee here, 1st post

I did a search but came up with nothing.

I'm currently looking for a TT. It will be my first. I have a Nissan Titan SE CC 4x4 with the Big Tow package rated at 9500#. I'm trying to keep around 7600# (the 80% rule) for my Trailer weight combined with my TV it's rated at 14800#. The Wife and I are leaning towards the Springdale 266RELL that's just north at 7625 fully loaded which I really don't plan on loading it to capacity. My question is, my TV....I've lifted my truck with a 6" lift. I stayed with the same size rim as stock, 17" and have BFG T/A KO's. The stock tires were 33's and the new ones are 34 3/4" so I don't think that's a huge change there. I installed a Banks exhaust with a FramBoost intake so I do have a bit more HP and hopefully the torque hasn't changed to much.

Do you think I will have an issue with the lifted truck and towing? I plan on getting an Equal-i-zer hitch along with the prodigy brake controller. Is there anything else I should be aware of besides the gas milage?

Thanks for your suggestion.

There is an issue.  You want the trailer to be level in towing for things to work right.  However, the issue may be dealt with by the use of the proper hitch shank.  Equalizer has a page on the subject:  click HERE.    If that does not do it, you may want to reconsider the lift of the truck but with 13" of adjustment available it should.

Carl Lundquist said:
There is an issue.? You want the trailer to be level in towing for things to work right.? However, the issue may be dealt with by the use of the proper hitch shank.? Equalizer has a page on the subject:? click HERE.? ? If that does not do it, you may want to reconsider the lift of the truck but with 13" of adjustment available it should.

Thanks Carl,

I completely understood and looked into this when you brought it up on my lifted thread. I also mentioned it first thing to the dealer and we talked about it while standing around my truck. They have dealt with this before and have the correct shank to work with their Husky WD hitch.

Have you heard any positive or negative on the Husky brand WD hitch?

Thanks

**Have you heard any positive or negative on the Husky brand WD hitch?**

I am willing to stand corrected but I have been taught that Husky is owned by VALLEY hitches which is the manufacturer stock hitches on FORD, CHEVY and DODGE.  So I can only assume they do their job well.  As a Husky dealer I can only say that in 3 years I have not seen one in the shop with manufacturer or functionality issues.

Back
Top Bottom